• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A cool old boat

B.O.A.T.

Bust Out Another Thousand!

is a nice one though!

I kinda crack up at the boat meaning bust out another thousand......The amount of cash and time we spend on these old piles far outweighs the cash and time I have into my boat haha! I could never spend the amount on my Checkmate that I have into my 68 Charger unless I sank it and rebuilt it twice. :D:D:D It is all in what your into, and when it comes to spending money, these old Mopars will sink you faster than any recreational type decent used boat will ever sink you. Hell I can buy a reman marine 5.7 for my boat for like $3200 bucks. I have almost $8,000 in just parts in my stroker motor haha!

Similar, but more expensive than a boat my friend imported a few years ago to NZ...

upload_2020-9-9_23-10-42.png

upload_2020-9-9_23-11-7.png

upload_2020-9-9_23-11-21.png

upload_2020-9-9_23-11-49.png

It now resides in a resort town down the line, doing lake duty for trout. :)

I saw this one last Saturday at the Mopars in the Valley show in Roanoke, although this pictures is from last fall at Mopar Madness. The hemi definitely makes it a cool old boat too.
20190907_111415.jpg

@kiwigtx 318 or 360? Everytime I see one of these I wanna do a magnum or 360 swap in my checkmate when/if the time comes for a motor. I always stare at the exhaust manifolds for the small block mopars for boats and always think I should snag a set now lol. That and an adapter to the drive for a mopar small block and the rest should be pretty straight forward.

Those wooden boats are sexy as hell but the maintenance is something I wouldn't want anything to do with.

Those wooden boats are sexy as hell but the maintenance is something I wouldn't want anything to do with.
I've been into boats for almost 40 years, your right very sexy, but, I can tell you wooden boats are one big pain in the ***. The maintenance is on going. To me wood is for anything other than being soak and wet.

Interior looks like your driving a Land Yacht
Very well done

A boat is nothing but a hole in the water surrounded by wood and or fiberglass into which one pours money

I kinda crack up at the boat meaning bust out another thousand......The amount of cash and time we spend on these old piles far outweighs the cash and time I have into my boat haha! I could never spend the amount on my Checkmate that I have into my 68 Charger unless I sank it and rebuilt it twice. :D:D:D It is all in what your into, and when it comes to spending money, these old Mopars will sink you faster than any recreational type decent used boat will ever sink you. Hell I can buy a reman marine 5.7 for my boat for like $3200 bucks. I have almost $8,000 in just parts in my stroker motor haha!
Try over 30 foot of twin 502's, twin out drives and used weekly, then come back and tell me that story.......

Try over 30 foot of twin 502's, twin out drives and used weekly, then come back and tell me that story.......

That is a totally different thing haha!!! That is like comparing my ice cream runner to a pro stock car. That is a known toilet in the water borderline ship in my eyes. :D:D:D:D I am talking average 19-21 ft runabout to have fun on. Once you hit twin screws with that size, you enter a class of boat that you know will drain you either in the original price or maintenance. That's the hemi car of boating!:p:p

:thumbsup:

That is a totally different thing haha!!! That is like comparing my ice cream runner to a pro stock car. That is a known toilet in the water borderline ship in my eyes. :D:D:D:D I am talking average 19-21 ft runabout to have fun on. Once you hit twin screws with that size, you enter a class of boat that you know will drain you either in the original price or maintenance. That's the hemi car of boating!:p:p

:thumbsup:
You have a great boat, made by a great company!! All boats can nickel and dime you to death if used at a tune of about a hundred hours a year. Out boards are your best bet.

You have a great boat, made by a great company!! All boats can nickel and dime you to death if used at a tune of about a hundred hours a year. Out boards are your best bet.

Oh yea for sure! I just laugh at the overall thought of saying boats are a money holes yet owning two or 3 Mopars is cost effective haha! That's what gets me laughing. :D:D What makes an outboard much better if ya don't mind me asking? Always wondered and figured it was personal preference. I was always figuring a 350 chevy can be simpler parts wise than the motor being vertical and requiring marine specific parts all the time. I am ignorant when it comes to the boat specific outboard stuff but am fluent in mechanical stuff and boating in general. Less mechanical parts and more access to everything?

91r/t...look at the valve covers. That's an A block.
I've been involved in two boat restorations, back when I was a kid.
One was a Thompson wooden lapstrake hull run about and one a Dorsett San Juan fiberglass hull day cruiser.
I put a wrench on every bronze nut holding that hull together. It was sanded to bare wood and then painted and stained to look new. I don't care what kind of boat it is they soak up money like a sponge.
Sure are fun, though.

Oh yea for sure! I just laugh at the overall thought of saying boats are a money holes yet owning two or 3 Mopars is cost effective haha! That's what gets me laughing. :D:D What makes an outboard much better if ya don't mind me asking? Always wondered and figured it was personal preference. I was always figuring a 350 chevy can be simpler parts wise than the motor being vertical and requiring marine specific parts all the time. I am ignorant when it comes to the boat specific outboard stuff but am fluent in mechanical stuff and boating in general. Less mechanical parts and more access to everything?
Anything hanging on the back is just easier to work on, unbolt and work on or replace. Outboard motors are not cheap, but not built in is just easier to deal with. More rpms and made to run wide open.

91r/t...look at the valve covers. That's an A block.
I've been involved in two boat restorations, back when I was a kid.
One was a Thompson wooden lapstrake hull run about and one a Dorsett San Juan fiberglass hull day cruiser.
I put a wrench on every bronze nut holding that hull together. It was sanded to bare wood and then painted and stained to look new. I don't care what kind of boat it is they soak up money like a sponge.
Sure are fun, though.

Yea come to think of it the intake hose into the head threw me for a loop but I was just guessing small block.....good info here!

A lot of money for a 392 Hemi, bc thats all I would want out of it. Its a nice boat for a museum I guess, I have no interest in them whatsoever.

@kiwigtx 318 or 360? Everytime I see one of these I wanna do a magnum or 360 swap in my checkmate when/if the time comes for a motor. I always stare at the exhaust manifolds for the small block mopars for boats and always think I should snag a set now lol. That and an adapter to the drive for a mopar small block and the rest should be pretty straight forward.
It was a 318....marine version - different manifolds, intake and transmission etc. It is a cool little boat. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back