• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A touching photo for you dog lovers.

SteveSS

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
My daughter is a veterinary nurse in Denver. She fostered a puppy for 10 days until the new owners picked it up. She got very attached. You can see the tear in her eye when she gave it up.

dog.jpg

Experienced the same thing with the puppies we had to give up after my pet, Martha, a cocker spaniel gave birth. My kids were also devastated to see them go.

That is why I will never be a foster dog parent.
I could never give them up.
My wife's sister fosters dogs and I have seen them come and go at her house. I don't know how they do it.

Dogs ARE the GREATEST !!!!
Unconditional LOVE like no other species on this planet....

Earth would be a far worse place without dogs...
All dogs need a happy home.....

Your daughter and all the furry animals out there are the reason I'm leaving a sizable sum of money to a no kill animal rescue shelter here in St. Louis. Your daughter was raised right by good people, be proud, I am!!

Your daughter and all the furry animals out there are the reason I'm leaving a sizable sum of money to a no kill animal rescue shelter here in St. Louis. Your daughter was raised right by good people, be proud, I am!!

Thank you. My mom recently adopted a puppy. Sad story, someone left a bag of 5 puppies in a dumpster. Eyes weren't opened yet. My daughter's hospital nursed them and found homes for all 5. We thought it was a Chiquaqua but now it looks like a Yorkie. That little dog is a hoot. So much energy! The only picture I had.

chi2.jpg

Last edited:
I've fostered dogs I get attached to every one of them
it's extremely tough to let them go to another home
it's the best for them in most cases thou
But, I'm extremely selective on who I will let take/adopt them...

I feel for her, she's a good person
you can tell a lot about a person, by how they treat animals

Been there done that
it never gets any easier either

My dog loves working on Mopars!
Here's Tripper taking a break after
a little bodywork.
20200616_164339.jpg

I miss both my Labs, I couldn’t turn loose of them after I get them... It takes a special person that can! That’s also part of the reason I’ve never gotten another is because I hate to see them leave. Now a days my youngest is begging for a dog and I won’t give in just for that reason. Even though they have no idea why... I’ll admit I do look for a new friend more and more..

That's a great story! LOVE hearing about this stuff. Every animal on Leaping Donkey Farm is a rescue or born here. We are FIRM believers in helping our animal friends. They cannot speak for themselves, but ,they speak to us every minute through unconditional love. Caring for them, and about them, should be our great honor. The "Pecking Crew" say 'WELL DONE!!"

20210523_175235.jpg

I miss both my Labs, I couldn’t turn loose of them after I get them... It takes a special person that can! That’s also part of the reason I’ve never gotten another is because I hate to see them leave. Now a days my youngest is begging for a dog and I won’t give in just for that reason. Even though they have no idea why... I’ll admit I do look for a new friend more and more..[/QUOTE
The lost is hard to take, unbearable exactly, but when you think about it that dog was going to live on this earth and be owned by someone regardless. It may have had just as good a life but perhaps not. If your'e the kind of guy that loves them that much than chances are that you gave it a great home and made it's time here, although too short, a great life. Do this for another dog, yourself , and teach your kids to do the same. Our lives also too short. The feeling of loss when they pass is great but the feeling of joy that they bring into a home is irreplaceable.

Mine just turned up with a cist that would kill him without treatment. Only a board certified surgeon could fix him, so we went to the CSU teaching college. It was over $5K to fix him. Four days in the hospital for him, me in a motel. I maxed out my credit card and life is going to be tough for a while, but he is sleeping on my feet as I write. How much is that worth, and what would he do for me? I can sell stuff and go without buying anything for my project, but I can't imagine life without him. One day I'll have to live without him, but not today. Today we spent two hours at the dog park, now he's sleeping like a rock. He's feeling much better.
But, my God, the farts. If I could have managed one like them in 8th Grade Social Studies, I would still be a legend.

Auto Transport Service
Back