• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air cleaner sticker

Dwaz45

Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to afix this sticker to my air cleaner assembly. it doesn't want to stick to the wrinkle finish.

FB_IMG_1717111731255~2.jpg

Last edited:
It's a sticker and won't like the soapy water on that surface.

I haven't tried sticking one on a wrinkle finish - only a polished orange lid. You could try using a nice thin wipe of clear silicone to adhere to the wrinkled surface.
Only a suggestion as I am sure that someone will jump in and chastise me for suggesting that. But at least with silicone, you have a fighting chance of easy removal later on - unlike many other adhesives.

Thank you sir. I think I'm remembering wrong. Lol. It was 2 years ago when I tried to put it on. I used soapy water on some other decals. It must of just not stuck on. I was thinking about a thin smear of silicone like you suggested. Thought I'd check here for ideas. I amended my post and removed the soapy water part

Pretty sure that wrinkle finnish air cleaners had pie tins, not sticker/decals.

The wrinkle finish air cleaners had pie tins--not stickers. The picture in the OP's post has a pie tin on top of the air cleaner and under the air cleaner wing nut.
I doubt you'll get a decal to adhere well to wrinkle paint. And if it does it won't look like the picture you posted.

The wrinkle finish air cleaners had pie tins--not stickers. The picture in the OP's post has a pie tin on top of the air cleaner and under the air cleaner wing nut.
I doubt you'll get a decal to adhere well to wrinkle paint. And if it does it won't look like the picture you posted.
My air cleaner does have the pie tin on top My question is about the yellow sticker I have circled

Can someone tell me how to afix this sticker to my air cleaner assembly. it doesn't want to stick to the wrinkle finish.

View attachment 1673102
I don't know if I was drunk when I tried to put this sticker on 2 years ago or maybe it was old who knows. But it didn't stick then but a new sticker does now.

20240608_125241.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back