• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Air Grabber/Ramcharger hood part

mbc0724

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
This is a long shot--looking for the air grabber/Ramcharger hood air door flapper end cap on the driver's side. This is for 1971-72 B bodies.

It is the cap or cover that goes on either end of the flapper and then two bolts go through it to attach the flapper to the hood housing part of the system. It looks a little like an elongated u-clamp. There are two of them; one on either side. It is typically painted orange just like the flapper. I just need one of these end caps. I prefer the driver's side because it should not have a hole in it--but if you have one with a hole I might be able to make it work. I know they appear here for sale on occasion. A reproduction or an original will do.

I know--this is a long shot.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
They are different between the two. One has a hole for the rod and the other has no hole cause it's on the end. The most common one missing is the one on the end which is this one.. I don't think I have any left but just trying to help you get the right one...

1725327989759.png

They are different between the two. One has a hole for the rod and the other has no hole cause it's on the end. The most common one missing is the one on the end which is this one.. I don't think I have any left but just trying to help you get the right one...

View attachment 1720980
You are right--I should have seen that--thanks very much for the correction. I need the driver's side end cap, but if someone has the other side perhaps I can make it work, too. It is interesting that this is the one that is most missing. Any idea why?

You are right--I should have seen that--thanks very much for the correction. I need the driver's side end cap, but if someone has the other side perhaps I can make it work, too. It is interesting that this is the one that is most missing. Any idea why?
Most likely because it just unbolts and guys misplace and rod side stays on rod with bolts removed but still can be removed. Agreed getting harder to find. I’ve got parts but not that piece anymore

Auto Transport Service
Back