• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Chevy tri five guys in b body land?

Bobby Sixkiller

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
I’m dragging this ole 56 out. It belonged to my grandfather. 265 and a power glide. It’s been sitting since 72. Wish me luck. I have absolutely no Chevy parts laying around. Good thing they cheap.
32623C28-3FDB-44BE-9A52-C07AC0F76122.jpeg

Hopefully all the trim is there because 56's have lots of it and most of it is one year only.

i like 55 chevys I had a 2 door hard top and a convertible sold them to buy more road runners

I built one for a girl. Parted many cars, but the parts went with her when she and the car went down the road.
It looks complete. I would go 100% original. Things like an aftermarket intake/carb won't add that much. There are so few around that are done original.
If it has vacuum wipers, the electric motor bolts right on with no mods. 70's front discs are pretty much bolt on. I might have a hubcap or two you can have for shipping. Have you found the fuel filler neck yet?

Just keep in mind that a 4 door sedan is not worth very much and you'll be in that car way backwards, However parts are relatively cheap and readily available for that.
If you leave it in patina and just get it driveable you'll be ok. That car mostly restored is only worth about $16000, a 2 door triple that.

I currently have five. Does that count?
Edit: one of em, my parents bought new, in 1954. 265, iron glide, Delray, all plastic seats, in a two door sedan.

Last edited:
That's a 210 model so not quite as much side trim. Floor supports, floor pans, tail pan, inner and outer rockers and the dog legs on 4 doors are probably the most common rust problem areas (not counting the inevitable headlight caps, spare tire well and the inner rear wheel wells, which are tougher to repair). Repair parts readily available and pretty reasonable. May have to look a while to find anyone willing to rebuild a cast iron power glide. I remember that being a problem 20+ years ago.

Guys are converting them to 2 doors now. Hoods seem to be hard to find and many of them have a good sized dip in the center, or have been sprung bad from forcing against rusted hinges.

At one point I had a 56 Convertible, 2 dr sedan, 2 dr hardtop, 2 Nomads, a 4 dr hardtop and a 4 dr sedan. I got so sick of this audience and their insane expectations. I remember being at swap meets selling NOS chrome parts in the box. A guy would walk up, tear open the sealed box with out asking, inspect the part and then make me a ridiculous offer based on all the defects he found. I gradually sold off all the parts and the cars. The last 56 left 2 years ago when I traded it for a 68 Satellite convertible. I found the Mopar crew has their own share of idiots, but nothing compared to the Tri 5-crowd.

Good luck with the project! You'll enjoy it. That two tone color combo is really sharp. The 56 two tone capabilities is what attracted me to that year more than 55 or 57.

I built one for a girl. Parted many cars, but the parts went with her when she and the car went down the road.
It looks complete. I would go 100% original. Things like an aftermarket intake/carb won't add that much. There are so few around that are done original.
If it has vacuum wipers, the electric motor bolts right on with no mods. 70's front discs are pretty much bolt on. I might have a hubcap or two you can have for shipping. Have you found the fuel filler neck yet?
Behind the tail light. Yea I know

My plan is 350/350. Disc brakes. Fix no rust. No body damage. Just clean it up and clear it or linseed oil. My only concern is frame rot from setting on the ground. But it had blocks under it in front. Supposedly reverse went out so it was parked. That’s what I remember him telling me. Tho he’s been gone for over 20 years now.

In 1970 I had 3 56 Chevys....does that count for having a trifecta? 2 were 2dr sedans (210's?) and one was a mo door. One had a 265 3speed with the shifter hooked up to where you could pull 2nd instead of pushing for it. It had Jardine headers, forgot what kind of aluminum intake and a Holley 600 and a small cam. My room mate who could also shift dang good got in it one day and power shifted.....REVERSE and it took it! He said it took him a couple of seconds to figure out why the tires were squalling and the front end nosing over lol

Grandfather's car! Cool!!!

The great thing about tri fives, there is a kit to install any kind of drivetrain you can imagine, short of an allison.
And now there is so much support, you can build a new one without a single original part.

Behind the tail light. Yea I know
And just about anyone that's been a car freak even for a short time knew that one. The car that gave a lot of gas station attendants a hassle where the fuel fill was were the 66 Belvedere II's. Had one and couldn't believe how many went straight to the license plate then to the passenger side and tired the trim piece that looked like a gas cap and then asked where it was......

Delta Delta Delta is preferred:D
90af05427b8c4af4b438fac2d1f9640c.jpg

Knew a guy in the Army named Sixkiller. He had his name tapes with just Six on them. Hell of a guy. From Arkansas.

Sixkiller is just a double play on words. Not really my name. My ride kills all the six bangers out there. Or maybe it’s a revolver in 357. But actually when I was a teenager the show renegade was popular. There was a character named Bobby sixkiller. I go by Bobby in the real world so it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back