• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anybody else into cryptocurrency?

Jordan Peterson bases all his comments about social issues on established science. That's why nobody can argue against him with facts. He was on Hannity and Tucker Carlson recently. So, he's making his views known to an even wider audience.

Jordan Peterson bases all his comments about social issues on established science. That's why nobody can argue against him with facts. He was on Hannity and Tucker Carlson recently. So, he's making his views known to an even wider audience.

I only brought up the name "Jordan Peterson" as an -example- of a source that would help finish your post. There is no need to swing this topic because of that.
My initial ?? was answered well with your examples that I will look up.

BTW I am always shy when I read ANY reports that come from ANY "established" (or not) purveyor of truth-telling.

There are beggars on the street that I will not give money to only because I will not be scammed by those that are not in real need.---
Perhaps I need to work on my issues?
Smack me once shame on you. Smack me twice shame on me. This is basic stuff.

Last edited:
If I bought Microsoft stock in what 1976.......... life ifs and shoulda, coulda but didn't.
Gambling not my thing. Guy at work bought and sold stock. So I asked "Over the years how've you done? " answer "I about even" my reply "Shoulda left it in the bank".

If I bought Microsoft stock in what 1976.......... life ifs and shoulda, coulda but didn't.
Gambling not my thing. Guy at work bought and sold stock. So I asked "Over the years how've you done? " answer "I about even" my reply "Shoulda left it in the bank".

I have an almost exact example from a friend of mine.
The "market" was a mess and he took his 401K out to work on his own. He spent thousands of hours researching/learning and after a few years he gave up trying to make the best of what he had. --He lost his time (which was substantial) only to end up where he started.

The bottom line of this entire topic is about making money without actually earning it.--"easy money"
Thinking about all the creative effort involved to do so strikes me as being a misplaced effort to find one's answer to a perceived goal. The big pile of money.--The measure of who we are are.

I bought Amazon back in 1999. Can't remember what I paid for it but it was around $40 a share when I chickened out and sold it. Who knew it was going to become what its become. Sure I wish I would have kept it but if you remember that was when everything internet came crashing down around us. The companies I kept - several went bankrupt - the ones I sold seem to have done pretty well I.e Etrade, Ameritrade, Amazon and a few others. I've done okay in the market but it's mostly raw, gritty, saving and not too much trading. Bitcoin and the like - wouldn't touch the stuff with your dick. If Jamie Dimion of Chase says to stay far, far away that's good enough for me.

another aspect is that the "ledger" or record of transactions is done by distributed computing- all those mining rigs are actually competing to make ledger entries. This is done by an incredibly difficult math problem (blockchain) that is distributed to all nodes in competition. The first node to solve the equation, gets to write the ledger entry and gets "paid" to do it, in the form of an amount of the currency the node is writing an entry for.

The reason the equation is so "unnecessarily" difficult is supposedly to make sure the same group of people with the most powerful computers don't dominate the ledger activities, and in effect, control it. The equation is in fact so difficult that computers are better off throwing out guesses than actually trying to solve the equation!...introducing a sort of randomness.

The real interest business have appears to be the blockchain technology.

Speaking of Chase- their preferred stock pays about 8.5%

Not too shabby of an investment, and a LOT more stable.

I've held their common stock long enough for it to have recently doubled.

That's not too shabby either....and it pays about 3.5%.

...and if you're looking for "value", Wells Fargo is pretty good and "beat up" right now.

That means it's on sale.

Do you think they will recover?

Place your bets now.

When Apple co-founder Steve Waskack (miss spell) gets ripped off for $70,000 some F'd up.

I like my money to say "In God We Trust" and "United States of America"!!

new-100-dollar-bills-swing-animation_vqfcszxnfe__F0000.png

It's an old thread but I wanted to share that I've also been trading for a while now, but mainly sticking to Bitcoin and Ethereum. I'm not familiar with Nano or Bytecoin, but I have heard of Tron. How has your trading been going with these coins? Regarding passive income investments, I'm not too keen on investing in them. It's good to be cautious when it comes to investments. However, if you have done your research and feel comfortable investing in it, then go for it! By the way, if you're interested in trading Forex, I suggest checking out the best times to trade Forex. Knowing when to trade can make a big difference in your profits.

Last edited:
Crypto has the same intrinsic value as pet rocks.

As I've said before, the "issue" with crypto-currency right now is that it trades like a commodity and is extremely subject to speculation, rather than like an actual currency used for paying for goods, services, and debts.

I have to ask this...Why are you and anyone even remotely interested in this so called "currencies"??? Just the recent events that have taken place within the traders side and the banking side, would lead me to never consider such worthless and useless risks. Yet it is still talked about and promoted as a good investment strategy. The only real commodities to buy and trade are Gold and Silver first, then Lead/Ammo, followed by Copper...Crypto is a total waste!!! IMHO...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back