• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here have a car shipped in the US? Recommendations/Advice?

MykeNytemare

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Simply looking for any advice or recommendations from those who have had their car shipped. It looks like I will be relocating to Florida at the end of August and need to get my 67 Coronet (and my daily driver Hyundai Elantra) down there.

Any info would be appreciated as I have set up a UShip and reached out to a few companies for quotes.

Depends if you want enclosed or open trailer. Enclosed Vehicle Transport is good - but on the expensive side.

advertise for an independent..stay away from brokers and their various and many hidden charges they zap you with...I found my hauler long ago by searching the area of the cars location for truckers that do auto transport..solicited for 5 bids or so..got three replies..selected the better guy..

Contact Trulyvintage (Jim)
over on Moparts or DC.com

I used Horseless Carriage in NJ. Was very satisfied.

I used Get It Done, they were great it cost me a $ 1000 to ship from California to Tennessee.

Man I have had quite a few cars shipped.

66 belvedere to Missouri from california
67 charger to kansas from california
69 camaro from texas to california
69 camaro from california to texas lol sold it back
69 camaro from florida to california sold it

All of those were complete clusters dealing with flaky unreliable closed container shippers and paid out the *** in my opinion.

Then I had to relocate to Florida and needed my 67 charger and 69 camaro shipped. My 67 is/was my pride and joy. I did tons of research and finally went with Frank and Liz at Bears. I could not have been happier.

http://www.transportreviews.com/company/bears-transport.asp

I've used Intercity Lines for two cars shipped coast to coast. Probably not the cheapest but great communication before, during and after. I used open trailer once and enclosed on the second. No damage to either car and drivers who cared. I recommend them very highly.

What ever you do don't pick the cheapest guy .you get what you pay for. I've shipped tons of cars and I've had bad shippers .51 chevy truck the top rack of the trailer fell on the roof of the truck,and same guy crushed the back fender in getting it off the trailer. my 64 Newport the shipper stoped at yard sales or something and when we off loaded the car he had tons of crap on the conv top (I guess it fell down off a shelf that was over the car.) My 70 charger wasn't bad took awhile to get here and the guy showed up at 3 a.m. Easter morning. But he's no longer hauling cars . Reliable is good but very expensive.
Another thing to consider is the auto train you get to load and unload your car and you can watch it. My cousin brings his car down to fl.When he comes the train go's to Sanford fl.
Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back