• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone remember these items ?

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Found some interesting items in the shop today.

F40A1522-5280-4034-A868-624652D88C12.jpeg

EE90FE7E-A83B-4F4B-ADEF-EA05BC7B86FA.jpeg

34090E98-D685-4297-A035-AB0548E8CBDC.jpeg

I do. I also remember that oil can tool not always working the best

Remember them? Hell, I still have some old hardback Chiltons and Motor manuals...
I got to admit though - I never had such a fancy oil can spout, much preferring the rubberized
heavy duty push-in type.

I remember this ****. Late 70’s, I was working on my first internal combustion engines. You couldn’t tell if the oil was dirty, because it was black when you put it in! :D
3274F9AB-02D5-4FEA-8197-1B2B00D65FEA.jpeg

And I thought you were going to post some old stuff. That stuff is still on my “Order some more when I get around to it“ list.

And I bet there are/were Zig-Zag wrappers in that Prince Albert tin.
I need to Edit my post for wording, it should be ''PAPERS'' not ''WRAPPERS''.

Last edited:
I remember this ****. Late 70’s, I was working on my first internal combustion engines. You couldn’t tell if the oil was dirty, because it was black when you put it in! :DView attachment 1310306
Sold that for $2 qt when worked at Arco gas station here back in 1981. Wonder how many engines got screwed up from the stuff.

got three of the Motors books.

Last edited:
I have the same Prince Albert can in slightly better condition.

Motor's manuals are/were WAY better than Chilton's.

I have '78, '74, and '69.

Got 8 or 9 of those Motor's manuals going back to 61. The first one I bought was a 71 edition and then bought another 71 because my first one was getting pretty worn. Got a 1980 but not like the one in your pic. Also have a truck manual and another with just engines and electrical systems. Also think the Motor's were always much better than the Chilton's.....

I remember filling used oil cans (metal ones) with water and shooting them full of holes with a BB gun. Later, the can metal bodies were replaced with some kind of carton/cardboard and the BB's would not penetrate and make the can leak, they would just bounce off. I think the lids and bottom were still metal at that time though.

cool find, cool old stuff :thumbsup:

yes I remember them too

Auto Transport Service
Back