• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone selling a 489 suregrip pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt limit yourself to just a 489 case.The other 741 and 742s are just as good.

WANNADRAG is right on..I had a 10 second street strip 72 Dart that ran a 742 case...never any problems with it.
AL

i have a 7.41 posi.with 2.97 gears $350 also a 7.42 with 323 $525 plus shipping to 70546

Hot Rod rag just did yet another article on the 'best' 8 3/4 rears and are again saying to avoid the 41....morons. I've never written in to any rag before but I'm considering it. Not sure but I think Elana Scherr did the piece. Junior staffer?

Don't know that it is a "489" but I got a sure grip out of my 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T. Gears are 456.

I'm currently going through a 489 3.91 geared unit with a brand new Mopar Perf. sure grip. Should have it done tomorrow or Tuesday. I hot tanked the 489 housing, checked all the bearings. Was told it was just rebuilt with new Timken bearings and it was. Only reason I'm going through it was the brand new Mopar perf. sure grip unit was one of the defective units that got through and didn't last but 5 runs until the spider gears broke. It was disassembled and a new set from Dr. Diff installed that were hardened. The gears are factory 3.91 gears that were in great shape and are the heavier duty fine spline gearset. I also installed a new 7260 (small U-joint) yoke as the original had a small groove and I didn't want it to leak. Also installed a crush sleeve eliminator kit and used a new set of ARP ring gear bolts. It is in high temp engine primer and I can paint it either black, cast coat grey, silver, Mopar engine red. The buyer decides. I guarantee this is a premium unit that will take a lot of abuse. Here a few pics of when I had it cleaned up ready to assemble. If interested PM me. DSC00222.JPGDSC00223.JPGDSC00225.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back