• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a narcissist?

Putting something first is not a fault, it's a plus. Now when you look back, remember you did your best. Living with that is easier than wondering if you did enough. You don't want that hanging over your head. I tell my wife all the time, it doesn't matter, as long as they know the truth and I know the truth. Don't change, it fits you.
I think I did way too much lol. Bent over backwards way too far is my only regret but can't cry over spilt milk. I'm just glad I'm out of that situation! :thumbsup:

I'm a narcissist because I wanted the best for my kids, was it for me or them. Yes, we all have it in us. Doing something one way or the other is better than not being able to make up your mind and sitting around talking about it till it's too late. That could be a problem too....... Everyone has a problem.
When I worked in the dry bulk tanker business, the industry standard was to run a load out, and return empty. A small group of drivers could pick up a return load, and make twice the money, by investing 40% more time. When I was an owner-operator, paying for the fuel, the pay tripled. During my early tour as a terminal manager, I had a driver complain that he wasn't making enough money. I pointed out that he had always made sure he avoided return loads. His response - "Unlike you, I care about my family. I'm not giving up home time." I gave up lots of home time over the years, but my daughter graduated from college debt free. So who's the "bad guy?"

The family and household Bill's always came before the cars,and still does. But every extra cent goes to my other "children "

20220925_200214.jpg

The family and household Bill's always came before the cars,and still does. But every extra cent goes to my other "children "

View attachment 1656055
I've made pretty good money in my shop but I never told my wife how much. She never told me how much she made so why should I tell her however she said she put the majority of her money back into the household. I Told her I did the same and she looked at me like I was nuts..... probably because she didn't believe me but at that point I was paying the bills and I knew exactly what was going into the household and where it was coming from.....and where it was going.

When I worked in the dry bulk tanker business, the industry standard was to run a load out, and return empty. A small group of drivers could pick up a return load, and make twice the money, by investing 40% more time. When I was an owner-operator, paying for the fuel, the pay tripled. During my early tour as a terminal manager, I had a driver complain that he wasn't making enough money. I pointed out that he had always made sure he avoided return loads. His response - "Unlike you, I care about my family. I'm not giving up home time." I gave up lots of home time over the years, but my daughter graduated from college debt free. So who's the "bad guy?"
In this case your opinion matters little, ask you daughter.
Regardless, your above example IMO relates little to narcissism.

My wife's cousin had a three truck, trucking business. Coming back with a load pays for the trip, it's not brain surgery, you were right.

Neither does most of this thread.

I'm not sure if my daughter could help you, but I'll ask....

I'm not sure if my daughter could help you, but I'll ask....
I have no skin in the game, your claim you must not be a bad guy because your daughter graduated from college without debt is between you two, not me.

I disagree, I have found it rather revealing and the amount of rationalization profound, it seems to really have struck a nerve so to speak.
It appears that fits you also.

Mods- Please re-title this thread "Prove you are a narcissist in as few posts as possible".

:poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke::poke: :poke:

Last edited:
It appears that fits you also.
Yes, I confess, I have an aversion to narcissists, especially those that are in denial.
Is that a bad thing?
Should we start a sperate thread to explore that condition?
Any pertinent examples to support your implied claim of rationalization on my part is welcomed BTW.

Auto Transport Service
Back