• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auto City Classic - ACC Radiator drain ??

tirefryin-Bob

Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
Just received my new 22" radiator for my '65 Plymouth Satellite. So far so good. fits nicely with very little mods.
Has anybody replaced that plastic drain plug on their ACC radiator or do you just leave it in? I have looked for a 7/16-20 petcock for it but no luck so far. the original valve from the stock radiator looks to be NPT thread and I don't want to take a chase on striping the new radiator threads.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. - Thanks

20240809_133315.jpg

I have a 26" ACC and the standard petcock fits just fine. Why in the world would they use a different one on the 22's? Seems backwards.

I don't believe ACC lists the drain fitting size. They do list it for the trans fittings. I recall the threads on the included plug to be quite small, maybe 1/8 NPT...?

Maybe just try threading some small pipe plugs in until you find the right size. If it is 1/8 you should be able to find those on Amazon, air compressor drains.

You can just leave the plastic one in, I did, but it would be nicer to have a proper petcock.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the input. I just heard back from Auto City Classic and they said: "That is the drain plug". (Plastic) :realcrazy:. that sucks!

Pull the plastic plug and take it to your local Ace hardware . replace it with brass fitting, IMO

If I remember right ,
drain is 1/4inch NPT
trans cooler fittings are 1/8inch NPT

Dude...that plastic plug is for protective/shipping purposes only....either install a petcock or a threaded hex plug.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the input. I just heard back from Auto City Classic and they said: "That is the drain plug". (Plastic) :realcrazy:. that sucks!
Hahaha "tech line guy" strikes again!
Do you know in 2002 I had a "tech guy" at Comp Cams tell me their XE268 hydraulic flat tappet cam wouldn't work with a stock Mopar INTAKE manifold? Yeah!

Auto Transport Service
Back