• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Automatic shifter A Body or B Body???

davescuda

Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a difference in A Body and B Body automatic shifters or is it a year change for both. As you can see one is less bent.
Thanks

IMG_9941.jpeg

I think the top one is A Body and bottom one is B Body. What do you think?

Top is A body for sure. I just looked in my duster. Bottom may be C body as I never had a B body consol. See my pics. Bottom in my pics is an A body. Kim

IMG_4763.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

My guess is that one might be for a console car and one for a bench. PG Classics shows them fitting A B and possibly C bodies.
01 face 7.png

The floor shifted automatics always had a console.
Floor shifted manual transmissions could be had with or without a console.

One note I’ll add is that I sold many C body consols and shifters and brackets to put into B bodies. Most were from 67/68 Monaco 500s. Also I put a C body shifter in an A body. Kim

One note I’ll add is that I sold many C body consols and shifters and brackets to put into B bodies. Most were from 67/68 Monaco 500s. Also I put a C body shifter in an A body. Kim
I never owned a C Body so I dont think any are C bodies, unless C bodies are the same as A or B Body.

I never owned a C Body so I dont think any are C bodies, unless C bodies are the same as A or B Body.
I really never paid any attention till u posted then had a look at mine and lo and behold I had 2 different ones. The one of mine with the knob on it has the same bend in the handle as my 75 duster. Kim

1968 parts book, they are all the same part number. Have to look at a different year parts book.

Anyone have a 69 parts book to look up? Found a 70 71 parts bood. I will report back after I look it up.

Auto Transport Service
Back