• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-Body Birthday

Phantomcobra

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
South of Oklahoma, east of New Mexico, West of Lou
Since today is my B-body's 44th birthday, I thought it was time to go in search of other pastures. I am a member of one other site for my particular car where I find a lot of useful information for a very forgotten car. At shows I get a lot of "I didn't know they made this car before the Dukes of Hazard!". Not much else to say.

I had the same model back in 1971 but was forced to sell being in the military and couldn't take the car with me (wish I had stored her!). So after the military career was over, children grew up and no more wife to tell me no toys, it was time to find another. I saw my first one in 1977 and it was a rolling wreck so I don't think she is still alive. I was looking for years for one I could afford and finally found a California car that was for sale near where I used to live but missed. I moved to Texas for my job. The car was instead sold to someone in Tennessee. He died shortly after buying it and his wife sold it to me.

The engine is not original and I believe at one time it was hit on the left front. But I didn't buy her for investment, I bought her because I love the car model, shape and features. I don't know the real mileage on the engine but the odometer is still at 83K. I've seen some records to make me believe that is the correct odometer. Not to mention overall condition of the car.

It was originally dark red but was painted Honda Pearl White around 1995. The 383 was replaced with a 1969 440 Magnum.

I've had too many health problems and age has caught up with me so I don't do any of my own car work anymore and finding someone to do the work on a car like this is extremely difficult in my area so I'm not sure how much longer I will keep this car. But if I do sell, I'll buy another that has been completely restored so I can continue my enjoyment as long as I can drive.

Yes, I left out what it is on purpose with just the (pretty obvious) hint. Pictures are in my gallery.

I thought the plain white was a bit, well, plain. So I accented some of the lines without making it gawdy. It is still a bit plain but at least not all white. My 66 I owned back in 1971 had the same stripe pattern and also the same license plate (different state).

Auto Transport Service
Back