• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey B body buds. Im new here...

Welcome. Show us some pictures of the car, please.

4speed68R/T...here are a few pictures. The car is in primer,ready to be blocked and painted. The motor and tranny are still in my truck. I have to find room in the garage for them. I have several boxes of parts including hopefully all small pieces of trim, panels, lights,etc. Has new bumpers. I know it needs a new top, interior and such. But its mine now, and gotta keep plugging away and hopefully find the missing parts. I've always been a GM guy. Parts were easy to get. Not so much with this one. Thanks for asking for the pics....

17226178121487440201848802292557.jpg

17226178610079006100609604773210.jpg

17226178804819217119521226228092.jpg

Just keep making progress, and it will get done, or at least drivable. The best time to buy the parts that you need is when you find them. They might be more expensive than you thought, but when you get done, you will have something of value, that is fun to drive.
I always like to clean up everything first, then start "getting them running".
The FBBO'ers will help you all the way, as long as you give them all the info. about what you are trying to figure out.
Cool car, with lots of potential. (I'm partial to '68 Coronets)

welcome to FBBO nice looking coronet project keep us posted

I was wanting to ask everyone if there are any mopar swap meets going on in the Midwest near Indiana this weekend or soon. I had vaguely heard of one this weekend in Ohio. I thought I saw it on the internet but now cannot find it....

I was wanting to ask everyone if there are any mopar swap meets going on in the Midwest near Indiana this weekend or soon. I had vaguely heard of one this weekend in Ohio. I thought I saw it on the internet but now cannot find it....
Mopar Nationals August 13-15 at National Trails Raceway in Columbus Ohio. A 4 hour drive for you. I would go if I were you. https://nationaltrailraceway.com/pdfs/24NatsAppBWweb1.pdf

Hey Toolmanmike...thanks for the heads up on the Molar nationals in Columbus. I'm definitely going. That will definitely be a good place to maybe find what I need.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!!! And all the information. Thanks 1 Wild R/T for trying to actually look out there and try to find me a set of these convertible seats.. But I have already contacted those people and its gone. I will keep searching. But again I need specifically need B body convertible rear seats. It seems like there should be someone known out there to be having everything or just know where or how to find them. But I'm only two days into my search and I'm not giving up yet....
It'll turn up... Carlisle just happened, that would have been a likely source but it'll turn up... Good luck...

Hey...Toolmanmike . thanks for letting me know about the Nationals in Columbus, but the date you have is wrong. I looked it up and found out its the 9th to the 11th... Not the 13th- 15rh. So UDATE everyone....

The parts are harder to find on Mopars,but the hunt is part of the fun! Check with Fbbo members Pnypwr,and 3white74. They might have or know of someone that has some convertible parts. I love my B body convertible!

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

Hey...Toolmanmike . thanks for letting me know about the Nationals in Columbus, but the date you have is wrong. I looked it up and found out its the 9th to the 11th... Not the 13th- 15rh. So UDATE everyone....
Sorry about that. I had 2 different windows up with Nats information and neither had a year listed.

Check the used parts section of rtspecialties.net: USED PARTS :Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware
Currently listing Convertible windshield chrome and switch panel for standard convertible dash.
He had the rear window rollers (reproduction) for the Convertible when I needed them for my car. I also picked up used chrome moldings for the back of the convertible top.
As for rear seats, you will have to find used. I'm pretty sure nobody sells reproduction convertible seats, but you might be able to modify a normal seat core to work if you can weld/fabricate? The rear interior panels are also hard to find. Many years ago there were some reproductions made, but i don't think that are making them anymore.
Top latches are being reproduced, so you can get those if needed. The plastic A-piller covers and center console are/were reproduced.
521 Restorations is close to me in Colorado: https://521restorations.com/b-body/convertible/

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario, and good luck with your 1968 Coronet 500 project. Thanks for the pictures. For some unknown reason, a split bench front seat was standard equipment in Coronet 500 convertibles, with bucket seats as an option. Check your front floor pan to see if there are added reinforcement plates welded on beside the transmission tunnel, for extra support for the in-board bucket seat tracks. If they are not there, your car originally had a split bench front seat. The Coronet 500 2-door hardtop came with front bucket seats as standard equipment. From there, either a buddy seat or a console was an option.

@Bushhog don't give up just yet, sometimes parts show up in waves. One of my neighbors cracked one of my taillights a few months cause my 4 door belvedere has a donk on her. It took me 3 months to find the taillights. Now I see a bunch of them. Almost went ahead and bought a gtx one to see if it would fit in there.

Get your Wallet and DON’T make it an R/T.

Hey 1 Wild R/T......thanks for keeping an eye out for parts I might need. But I do have a pair of these. I have to do some work to them though. They were originally green, but painted two different colors since. I have to find the best way to strip paint off them and start from scratch. I did find a set of rear b body convertible seats on eBay but they want 2,500 because they don't need recovered but are a funky blue color.

Auto Transport Service
Back