• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body small block headers.

Encswsm

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Trying to figure out who makes headers for a B body with a LA engine that doesn’t have the dangled drag Link going through the middle of them. I have a 1973 360 in a 1966 Charger. I put a borgeson steering gear in it and had to beat the stuffing out of the header tubes to clear the pitman arm. I would like to have headers that clear the arm and dont have tha drag link passing through the middle

I think Doug's and TTI both make headers that don't "dangle" below the steering on the driver's side. Trust me, I lived with them on my 73 for years, and the clearance sucks. IMHO, well worth the extra cash to buy good headers.

I have dougs in mine and the drag link doesn't go through.. BUT they are supposedly from the 70s... so no idea if they still use the same patterns

The ones for sale look like the #6 cylinder pipe drops down into the steering link. I went ahead and ordered some from summit. I got the high temp painted ones.

Here are Doug's headers mounted on the small block.
August 26th (14).jpg
August 26th (16).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back