• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body Wagon Cat Whiskers For Tailgate and Doors

JTB

Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
I haven't found anyone reproducing these items. I reached out to Restoration Specialties in PA.
I spoke to Matt. His number is 814-467-9842

I sent my beat up originals to him and he is going to make for me. If anyone needs them and wants to reach out while he is in the process
now would be a good time. I sent today, 6-22-2023 he says should be only 2-3 weeks. He also sells the "U" channel Guides that are
on both sides and top of glass for all doors.

I forgot to mention these are for a 68 Plymouth Satellite. Other applications do your research.

One of the reasons why when I was looking for a vintage wagon I decided to go outside my Mopar box...Window felts, window gaskets, tailgate weatherstrips... All either not available or $$$$... Plus the fact every beat up old 63-65 Dodge or Plymouth wagon I looked at had rust, was wrecked or if it pretty decent but was over 10K & still needed some work...

For $600 I found a Falcon 2dr wagon with zero rust & only very minor sheet metal damage, it needed both front fenders replaced, bought a pair for $150... Full set of window seals, channel felts & catwhiskers including the windshield, all side glass & the tailgate was less than $500... Weatherstrips for the doors & tailgate? $150... Mostly just the fact that everything is available...

I used Restoration Specialties for all the weatherstrips on my '63 & '64 Savoy wagons - not only did they have stuff nobody else had, they knew the measurements for the window channel felts, and their prices were very fair. Great resource also for fasteners, clips & etc.
I got the cardboard headliners from Kramer's, and they also had a guy make the cardboard sun visors for me. They were a slightly different print pattern than OEM but close.
The vinyl flooring & thin plastic wheelhouse covers aren't available as far as I know - back then I spent DAYS searching.

I haven't found anyone reproducing these items. I reached out to Restoration Specialties in PA.
I spoke to Matt. His number is 814-467-9842

I sent my beat up originals to him and he is going to make for me. If anyone needs them and wants to reach out while he is in the process
now would be a good time. I sent today, 6-22-2023 he says should be only 2-3 weeks. He also sells the "U" channel Guides that are
on both sides and top of glass for all doors.
What year wagon are you referring to and which cat whiskers specifically are you saying are not being reproduced?

I see you said 68 satellite. The door whiskers are available from herbs parts. I bought mine from them in October of 2022. I need to replace the whiskers for the tailgate and that's the only part I can't find reproduced. I also located the window run channel rubber. And door weather stripping

I purchased everything from Restoration Specialties. I sent them my originals.

Auto Transport Service
Back