• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B7 Jamaica Blue

sondre

Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
I am restoring a 1970 Roadrunner and would like to find the correct formula for the 1970 Mopar color B7 Jamaica Blue. I have read somewhere here on this forum that the color needs to be applied on a red primer to achieve the best result. I have tried different mixtures of blue based on info found on the net + paint chips, but it seems to be hard to find the best combination. I reside in Norway and it seems that Dupont info / old color codes is hard to translate into an existing type of paint.

If anyone has any info on this, I'd be happy to hear from you. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,618
What brands of aoutomotive paint do you have there? I'll try and get a crossover formula.

Monopol and Centari (far as I know a Dupont brand). Any mixture my paint shop tried to match the B7 color did not look correct. Thank you!

These were painted Centauri acrylic enamel back then. I know, I did it with my trusty DeVilbiss. Nowadays, you're better off using Chromabase, or Chroma one for a single stage urethane. What system is your painter using ? He cant tint it for a close match ?

The research I did makes me believe that R-M and Glasurit are good names in your area. Also, you might want to try Spies Hecker. They have all of the "recipies"

for mixing these colors, and you probably will be better off shooting it in Basecoat-Clearcoat. Better paint system than what was originally put on these cars!

Good luck with the hunt!

Auto Transport Service
Back