• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson

I recorded it last night and have ffed through most of it. I won't sit through the whole thing - just ff through it. I liked the red '64 Galaxie 'vert. Mopar hater Mike Joy makes me gag, but Steve Magnante keeps me interested when the odd Mopar does come across. The whole concept of celebrating the lining of BJ's pockets buy driving the prices up is distasteful to me, but I like seeing the cars. The Tilted Kilt girls are a welcome addition. :)

Ya its good and bad for the hobby. Its good if your tryin to sell a car and bad if you want to buy one. It drives up the prices of project cars and everything,but i still watch

I used to watch it...Got tired of watching over priced mopars ...This is why people want godly outrageous amounts for their parts on ebay...I ain,t no sucker!!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Thought that was a fairly decent price on that 68 383 Barracuda last night.Think $18 or 19K

Did I hear right? A restored 71 Bee got hammered for 27k? I have a coworker that has to expound upon everything he sees on there. I'm not sure if he would know between a Bee and a Matador.

Watched for a bit, selling prices seem down even from last year. I have not seen anything that has got my full interest, yet.

Rev - It was a red Bee, and I think it went for 32K. Of course, we never got all that good a look at it to see how good it was. After all, it wasn't a Vette, a Cobra, or a Mustang.:icon_rolleyes:

Ya ever notice that some cars get shuffled through real fast and others will stay and get chatted up when the bidding stalls? Also, I have heard that Barrett doesn't allow reserves.

Yeah Rev, it is a no reserve auction start to finish. Watched a very nice `68 Road Runner in light green w/biege interior, #'s matching engine, non decor package go for 34K.

Watched for a bit, selling prices seem down even from last year. I have not seen anything that has got my full interest, yet.

That's been my observation too. The prices that a lot of nice restored muscle is going for is down quite a bit from a couple years ago - sometimes it seems like by half! On the other hand some of the resto mods, hot rods and other wierd stuff seems to get good prices...

I don't have Speed Channel anymore :(

But I have Hallmark and every other stupid womens' channel that's known to man. :(

I was at Barret-Jackson in 07, I watched the bidding on a 1969 Boss 429 Mustang (Fords Hemi)......Any way after the bidding ended I was out back where the cars drive off stage, The proud new owner comes out with his gang, when asked by someone what he paid for the car he looked to his buddie and says what did we pay for that car...............His buddie says
$450K...........Then he calls his pilot at the airport to see if he saw him on TV.

Amazing.........Spend that kind of money and it dosen't even faze the guy

The way prices have been dropping he won't get $300K for that car (we'll have to wait and see on Saturday, the day for the big Iron)

The bad part for us Mopar guys.......There's 100 Chevys & Fords to 1 Mopar

Have fun watching!!!

watching

I don't waste my time watching it! I know a guy who has done some work for him He said he's a real ***.If he sees you on the street he won't even say hello.His right hand man seems like he 's on an ego trip.wears those dark sunglasses I guess he thinks he's a celeb.

Yeah Rev, it is a no reserve auction start to finish. Watched a very nice `68 Road Runner in light green w/biege interior, #'s matching engine, non decor package go for 34K.
Saw that one,sure had that plain jane taxi cab look.

I watch it just to see what people have. Most of these never see the light of day, but it is cool to see the first of, last of and only 1 of a hand full. There is no reserve and in addition to the hammer price, there is a 10% buyer premium to pay on top of that. What gets me is a guy spends 100k and 3 years of his life to sell his car for 75k.

They get you comin and goin. The buyer has to pay a percentage to the house. You have to pay to be a bidder. You have to pay to be a seller. You have to pay to be a spectator. You have to pay to be a vendor. We all have to pay when a moneytard pays a mill for car that wouldn't have sold for a thousand ten years ago.....

Don't count on that based on the early days of the auction. The best cars are run on Friday, Sat., and Sunday afternoons and the prices will be higher.

Auto Transport Service
Back