• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Benjamin - ‘69 Charger - XP29H9B389917

BE_Duster

Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
Hello
I'm Benjamin and I'm currently looking into buying a 1969 Charger.

I'm really interested in a project. The charger shouldn't be too expensive and seems to be in good condition. Unfortunately the fender tag is missing on some parts. Also the seats are missing. According to vin it is a 383. A 383 with manual transmission is included with the car.

Does anyone know the car?
Where can I get the right fender tag?

300eeb8e-9104-4de5-aaf3-0d3e342d0746.jpeg

cea7a344-7a5a-4c7d-aaae-6d4144585bf3.jpeg

6bd406bc-b14b-4918-943e-0a3c5721e4a4.jpeg

9784b138-dff1-49eb-90d3-02809c6b3275.jpeg

e4ab2387-503c-49f7-8a75-6a2eaab420e4.jpeg

afece379-0c5b-4cb9-b88e-b192d70e0966.jpeg

Welcome aboard!

A few things to consider:

1. Is this your 1st project car?

2. What are your plans, restore to OEM, resto mod or something in-between?

3: What's your budget as getting parts will not be cheap as well as body work and paint.

4. Having a new fender tag made is not a good idea unless you have the original build sheet or window sticker. It's considered fraud to have one made unless you have supporting documents stating what the car was built with at the factory.

5. How much time are you going to put into it as you could be looking at years worth of work before it's street ready. You don't want to spend a ton of time and money into it and then lose interest.

For a point of reference, I bought my 68 Charger 8 years ago for 26k and it was turn key no work needed. I've put probably 25k into it to make it more oem for a day 2 look as well as general matience and repairs.

In looking at your pictures you're probably looking at a minimum of 50k on top of what you pay for it. I've never had a project car so I'll let the experts chime in on time and costs to do one.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

A few things to consider:

1. Is this your 1st project car?

2. What are your plans, restore to OEM, resto mod or something in-between?

3: What's your budget as getting parts will not be cheap as well as body work and paint.

4. Having a new fender tag made is not a good idea unless you have the original build sheet or window sticker. It's considered fraud to have one made unless you have supporting documents stating what the car was built with at the factory.

5. How much time are you going to put into it as you could be looking at years worth of work before it's street ready. You don't want to spend a ton of time and money into it and then lose interest.

For a point of reference, I bought my 68 Charger 8 years ago for 26k and it was turn key no work needed. I've put probably 25k into it to make it more oem for a day 2 look as well as general matience and repairs.

In looking at your pictures you're probably looking at a minimum of 50k on top of what you pay for it. I've never had a project car so I'll let the experts chime in on time and costs to do one.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Thank you for the message.

1. I have already finished a car. It was a 1971 Fury (c-body).

2. It should be a new building. It should be true to the original.

3. my budget is currently 20k. I would like to spread the work over the next few years. There is a painter who will do the job for me cheaply. I do the bodywork myself.

4. Unfortunately there are no documents. Only the vehicle number is available.

5. I will set aside the next few years as a time to work on this. I gave them as gifts and tools. The car would be a balance to my one-sided work.

Hello
I'm Benjamin and I'm currently looking into buying a 1969 Charger.

I'm really interested in a project. The charger shouldn't be too expensive and seems to be in good condition. Unfortunately the fender tag is missing on some parts. Also the seats are missing. According to vin it is a 383. A 383 with manual transmission is included with the car.

Does anyone know the car?
Where can I get the right fender tag?
Benjamin:

You're going to need tens & tens & tens of thousands of Benjamins to put that car back together.

Add another ten. Then there is the front bumper and grille. Crush the Nova. Good luck on your hunt.

Welcome from Alabama, good luck on that Charger as a project. I personally would try to find something more complete. The Gen II Chargers are so desirable these days, that I've seen ones like this sell for well over 20K.

That's one hell of a rustoration project ahead of you...

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back