• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware! Texas Toy Box

hollywood1336

Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for everyone, BEWARE! If anyone is considering, talking to about a purchase or looking through there website, beware of the two jokers at Texaas Toy Box. There is absolutely no honor amongst thieves and these two guys are the biggest. Mr. Wolff and his son will lie there way into your pockets and have you believing you are buying a beautiful car. They will send you low resulution pictures, they will lie to you over the phone. And then then will sell you a piece of crap. I'm speaking from experience and I blame myself for not checking this and the Dodge Charger forum before my purchase, but now that I have taken one for the team please heed my warning anyone out there thinking of dealing with these crooks.

I've seen a lot of cars advertised from them in the various collector car rags.What did you get, and what did you think you were buying?

This isn't the first time I've heard bad reports on those guys. It's a shame... gives all of us Texans a black eye. They aren't very far from where I live, have passed by their shop several times over the years, just never had a reason to stop in and check out their merchandise.

They tried buying a brand X car off me last fall and i just had bad feeling talking with the guy so i never went through with it.

In 07 I bought a 69 Dart GTS from them. I found it on line and when I talked to them there was some "pressure" to consumate the sale. Fortunately for me, I was going to Austin on business that very next week so I told him I would come look at it if it was still there. It was and I liked what I saw and bought it. I paid too much for it but that is MY fault for buying at the top of the market.
Bottom line is the car has been great, no problems with anything.
Sorry to hear of your bad experience.
I have looked at their site from time to time and it looks like they are suffering the same fate as everyone else in our economy. Problem is it also looks like they have resorted to desparate measures to make some sales.
I also have not appreciated what they do to some of the cars they "restore".

Lump them in to the mix with HLPAG from Illinois... Taking advantage of the trend...

I always thought they made a respectable effort not to just slap paint on a car that needed more body work, and were only slightly overpriced. Too bad.

I've seen a lot of cars advertised from them in the various collector car rags.What did you get, and what did you think you were buying?

I bought a 68 Charger from them. I was told by the owner Ray Wolff there was absolutely no rust, garage kept, little old lady owner the car and I was only like the third owner, no accidents and drove perfectly. What I got was none of the above. On subsequent calls to Texas Toy Box to get them to compensate me for the parts I was going to have to replace that they said were ok it turned out thet he is a plain old used car salesman and crook. There's no honor with him and his son, I wonder if his mother is turning in her grave knowing she spawned the scum of the earth.

Ahhhhhh yes..........The annual "I got screwed by Texas Toy Box" thread. Seen it here, Dodge Charger forum and the Coronet Registry. Man it sucks to see people stiffed by these folks continually. Maybe one of these days, one of their typically enraged customers will end their reign of criminal terror, because the State of Texas sure in the hell isn't doing anything about them.

Sorry to hear you've become yet another victim of TTB....Good luck moving forward!

I have never heard anything good about these guys. their website looks wonderful, but if you google them they come up with red flags all over the place. sorry to hear they took another hard working person for a ride.

Helping my buddy restore his 69 RR that came from those pricks. They lied about the condition of the car big time and the work they had done was absolute ****. Yes.. stay away from this outfit......... far away.

Yup, never heard anything good about them. Kinda surprised that they can stay in business.

Some people dont care who they screw for a buck...
Petty Blue 67 gTx

I bought a white 65 dodge coronet post car from a guy named joe pigford out of texas.
what a piece of ****. fiberglass on the undercarriage and trunk and a blown head gasket and spun bearing. paint and hood were nice though.

Just need to keep sending the red flag up about these guys. And all you foreign guys out there looking for Mopars to ship overseas, unless you want a good bending over and take one where the sun doesn't shine, stay away from these Texas Toy Box guys, they are complete and total scum bags.

Yup, never heard anything good about them. Kinda surprised that they can stay in business.

I met the guy at a Mopar Show where he had a couple of cars, He told me he sold most of his stuff overseas. The cars he had there were bondo'd up and had really bad corrosion on most of the trim. Be hard to see all that from some pictures.

On the Canadian side of shady outfits stay away from CAT restorations, they have/has both B.C and Alberta address' same shadey guys passing off crap if you buy sight unseen.

Auto Transport Service
Back