• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Block Rocker arm experts needed - What are these?

1968rt

Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
Saw this 383 on FB. Take a look at the rocker arms. Looks like they could be from an International or ???. Take a look.

poly rockers.jpg

poly rockers.jpg

Saw this 383 on FB. Take a look at the rocker arms. Looks like they could be from an International or ???. Take a look.

View attachment 1701937

View attachment 1701938
Well … let’s see if I can help …
International Harvester used to have a plant in Melrose Park Il back inda Day …
This don’t look like anything out of Corn Binder Motor Division …

If you look carefully it appears the intake manifold says “ Torker 383” an Edelbrock Piece ….so how about BBM …. Did You Contact The Face-Boogahhh Ad Boy ??? And Ask ???

Those Rockers Could Be Early Mopar Max Wedgiezzz / Cranes / Or Even Iskenderian.

What’s Urrrrr Next Question Homie ?

Mopar2ya!!

John

Rough estimate; they're some kind of uncentered junk that doesn't belong on that motor.
Just happened to fit the shaft so they went with it :rolleyes:

Rough estimate; they're some kind of uncentered junk that doesn't belong on that motor.
Just happened to fit the shaft so they went with it :rolleyes:
Might ease up on the junk :poke:but need to be spaced property. Don't look sturdy for a race/high/po cam.

I think they are wider at the bottom as well. Perhaps some boy racer cut back the tops thinking they would lighten them and pickup 5000RPM or so.

Well they're not an Isky, Crane or factory MW because those all had much more space between them than the width of that spacer. Note that these would be rubbing on the pedestals as opposed to the holddowns - I can just imagine the iron dust in the pan !!! Also note there is no lock nut on the adjusters so these have an internal lock in the adjuster. I've seen Mopar rockers with adjusters like that - on /6's I think. On that note, some /6's had solid lifters so maybe these are off of one of those.

Visually, they look like a very high ratio. Maybe it’s an optical thing because of how they are shaped, or have been machined.

Ford rockers uses a 0.84” shaft dia verses 0.875” dia. Still usable with some machining or shimming.

And, everything else said in post #10 too.

That is a parts engine, at best. I like how he spray painted the block witsparkplug. plugs. Pushrods are rusty. Looks like it was thrown together to look complete.

Is this guy claiming it is an old rebuild, never fired? Because spray paint does not equal a rebuild.

That is a parts engine, at best. I like how he spray painted the block witsparkplug. plugs. Pushrods are rusty. Looks like it was thrown together to look complete.

Is this guy claiming it is an old rebuild, never fired? Because spray paint does not equal a rebuild.
Isn’t it interesting….
The Original Poster If The Ad has not responded???

1722278910932.jpeg

International Harvester. It’s not it, but certainly as good of a guess as anyone else’s.

Slant sixes, except for the last year(s), we’re all solid lifter engines.

Auto Transport Service
Back