• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Billy finally did it ...

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday the sweetest rust-free 1970 Duster in the midwest got a new home. A 1962 Polara Outlaw Southern Gasser named "Mule Skinner" from Florida took its place in the carport.

There was too much activity to get great pictures so soon after arrival, but it sounds healthy and runs like a scalded dog.

IMG_20240628_163815.jpg

It's got a 440 with Indy heads, intake, valley pan and full roller internals reportedly built by some famous guy, two hoods (flimsy fiberglass and original steel), painted steel bumpers, nice Cal Custom valve covers and shiny red paint. The pushbutton transmission surprised me (a first for our household) but it got it where he wanted it. The thing is clean!!!, no rot or rust, solid pans throughout with no visible repairs anywhere, and apparently has been a very much loved race car for most if not all of its life.

He's giggling like a school girl today.

received_3735669776674943.jpeg
received_492624406549475.jpeg
received_998678558572694.jpeg

It needs hood hinges and a latch for the steel hood (help!) and better carpet but has a bunch of loose trim pieces that came with it. I presume a few other things will be needed too once he gets more familiar with it.

Anybody recognize it?

received_443766555239790.jpeg

received_1945829815871680.jpeg

received_855695486408711.jpeg

Last edited:
Yesterday the sweetest rust-free 1970 Duster in the midwest got a new home. A 1962 Polara Outlaw Southern Gasser named "Mule Skinner" from Florida took its place in the carport.

There was too much activity to get great pictures so soon after arrival, but it sounds healthy and runs like a scalded dog.

View attachment 1686443
It's got a 440 with Indy heads, intake, valley pan and full roller internals reportedly built by some famous guy, two hoods (flimsy fiberglass and original steel), painted steel bumpers, nice Cal Custom valve covers and shiny red paint. The pushbutton transmission surprised me (a first for our household) but it got it where he wanted it. The thing is clean!!!, no rot or rust, solid pans throughout with no visible repairs anywhere, and apparently has been a very much loved race car for most if not all of its life.

He's giggling like a school girl today.

View attachment 1686461View attachment 1686463View attachment 1686465

It needs hood hinges and a latch for the steel hood (help!) and better carpet but has a bunch of loose trim pieces that came with it. I presume a few other things will be needed too once he gets more familiar with it.

Anybody recognize it?

View attachment 1686462

View attachment 1686464

View attachment 1686466
Nice! Love those early B's.

Well that's just badass! Nice score.
Of course, you'll have to post a video clip of you guys hammering one of those Tennessee back roads in that beast!

Congratulations! Those '62's are a Love It or Hate It deal. My first Dodge 57 years ago (1967), was a '62 Dart 2-door sedan, so I love them. It was an ex-police cruiser with tired 313 and 3-speed column shift. It shortly had a 383, 4-barrel, 4-speed in it. Your new purchase looks excellent, and should be a lot of fun. You are sure to get a lot of Thumbs Up!

Well that's just badass! Nice score.
Of course, you'll have to post a video clip of you guys hammering one of those Tennessee back roads in that beast!
It likely won't leave the property since it's a race car, the closest track is closed and he doesn't have a trailer.
Watching the Duster get loaded up hurt my heart a bit but it wasn't getting used or enjoyed either. There's just never enough cash on hand to finish, register or insure them all so they eventually just get traded for something else. I've tried to be supportive but it's a vicious cycle in this crappy economy.

Very nice and good for you!! You can only be in one at a time anyway. That story about the guy with the most toys wins, wins what........... Ulli.:thumbsup:

My friend's 1962 Dart Maxie clone. He says, if I had not gone with him to see it, he likely would not have bought it. He likes it better, now. It has A833 4-speed and 4.10 Dana 60 rear end.

P9120051.JPG

P9120055.JPG

P6190054.JPG

So, make it an UN-racecar! I like to drive my un-racecar, as often as I can.
(The supertricks are cool, but certainly not the best choice for a street driven car).

Auto Transport Service
Back