• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blow proof in a 66 b-body

Ceedawg

Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Will they work without beating and banging in the Trans tunnel? I don’t mind a little but no major stuff.

SFI bellhousing? I doubt a QuickTime would require any work. A Lakewood I don’t know, kind of doubt it would either.

SFI bellhousing? I doubt a QuickTime would require any work. A Lakewood I don’t know, kind of doubt it would either.
I’m not sure what brand it is (Lakewood?) (red) SFI tag says 06.
What trans has a 5-5/8 bearing retainer? (truck trans?) That’s the hole size in bell then there’s a ring to bring it down to the 5-1/8 overdrive trans. I’ll have to make a ring to get down to the 4.80 size.

For what it’s worth, my red Lakewood fits in a 70 tunnel with no modifications

I have Quick Time SFI-approved bellhousing on my '66 Satellite and it seems to have plenty of room.

I have a small-block 360 with a TKX. My TKX is right up against the trans crossmember and I cut the tunnel in on one small spot to give it a little clearance, but the bellhousing was never an issue. I'm sure RBs are different, but I would be surprised if it was enough to cause problems.

I added photo from when I was doing the floors a few months ago. It might give you a better idea as to where everything fits and how it goes together.

Floor work 24.jpg

I have Quick Time SFI-approved bellhousing on my '66 Satellite and it seems to have plenty of room. I have a small-block 360 with a TKX. My TKX is right up against the trans crossmember and I cut the tunnel in on one small spot to give it a little clearance, but the bellhousing was never an issue. I'm sure RBs are different, but I would be surprised if it was enough to cause problems. I added photo from when I was doing the floors a few months ago. It might give you a better idea as to where everything fits and how it goes together. View attachment 1682501

Here’s some picture of bell, a few trans mounting spots, green is 4 speed

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back