• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake booster vacuum hose

runner74

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Hello

Does anyone know where to get the brake booster hose for big block? I tried a new piece of host to replace the old cracked hose but the original appears to be pre-molded. The standard hose from the parts store cannot make the radius of the original.

1974 Roadrunner 400

Are you sure it was pre-molded and not just baked into that shape after years of engine heat? I am using 5/8 od vacuum hose on my brake booster, its small block car, but was able to get it from local parts store.

If need be, put an elbow in the hose someplace

Ok

Thanks
It's an 11/32" hose just like the pcv. All the good vendors like Mega, Frank Badalson and Bill Rolick sell it with factory markings and date codes if you like.

Don't make the mistake I did and use the booster hose for the PCV valve it will not take the oil and leak out from it. You have to use a vapor fuel hose material for the PCV

Don't make the mistake I did and use the booster hose for the PCV valve it will not take the oil and leak out from it. You have to use a vapor fuel hose material for the PCV

Good to know! Is the PCV also 11/32? If so, didn't know you could get two different types of 11/32. Usually the size dictates the purpose, but not always, I guess.

It's an 11/32" hose just like the pcv. All the good vendors like Mega, Frank Badalson and Bill Rolick sell it with factory markings and date codes if you like.

Yes....I totally agree... it's 11/32" hose "just like the PCV hose".... Frank Badalson/Roger Gibson and Bill Rolick are excellent sources.
BOB RENTON

Good to know! Is the PCV also 11/32? If so, didn't know you could get two different types of 11/32. Usually the size dictates the purpose, but not always, I guess.

The differences is the internal reinforcement of the hose to prevent collapse due to the vacuum application..
BOB RENTON

Looks like an older thread

I dont know who manufactures these hoses , but for the price you pay for yellow lettering basically by the foot , the point in the older threads was when used for the PVC Hose the oil / gas will bleed through the hose over time , i have seen it on many cars

Maybe different company today - I know it says GATES in yellow lettering , is that what the factory used back in the day ? And are these reproduction hoses actually ?

Anyways these reproduction yellow lettering hoses , there is not a separate vacuum versus PVC hose they are used for both

https://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=102-G07010-1

Last edited:
Boy, if that hose isn't molded I'm impressed with how well it holds it's shape considering how soft & pliable it is....
Yes, they were molded, just that originals virtually don't exist anymore...

brake hose.jpg

Thanks for everyone's invaluable input. I would think one is lucky to find 11/32" hose at the local auto parts store, much more one 11/32" hose suitable for brake booster applications and one 11/32" hose suitable for oil/gas/PCV. Any such animal? I will continue to look, but allegedly the Gates hose is the unicorn.

I have heavy wall 11/32" vacuum hose for the power brake hose. I have a box out in the garage, I will look at the part number tomorrow. The original hoses WERE molded hoses. I use a male-female brass 45 or 90, and screw your fitting into that. It's underneath the air breather, so it is not to noticeable.

Auto Transport Service
Back