• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build sheet question about 73 Satellite

khaley71

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I am decoding the build sheet for my 73 Satellite and was curious about something. There is a place on the build sheet for "vehicle delivery and handling". It breaks down as U=Built to specifications for USA order, Y14=Sold car, Y97=3 gallons of gas. Does the Y14 mean that someone went into the dealership and ordered this car? I am trying to track down the original/previous owners, and maybe find out what happen to the original motor and trans. I know it spent most of its life in the Lancaster, South Carolina area when it was new.

Have you tried a VIN ID search ??, to see who has owned the car thru the DMV, I don't know what the Y14 means, SORRY... Most all cars were dealer stock/inventory somewhere, very few or far less were actually ordered from the factory by the end customer, there are some exceptions of course, most people didn't want to wait the 12 weeks or longer to get a new car, if they were ready to by right then, unless the dealer couldn't find a car at a near by/local dealership to do a "dealer trade" or if it had some special options, that weren't ordered for most dealerships inventory/stock or installed at the dealership service areas... That's how it worked the 25+ years, I was around automotive dealerships...

Auto Transport Service
Back