• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell me about my 383 Magnum engine build from 1989

I know, Campbell Automotive was an expensive machine shop then, and probably still is today. However, they were known as a reputable shop that knew their stuff when it came to building engines for racers (not that I was one by any means), and you pay for that kind of knowledge and expertise. Sure, lots of shops might've done it for a lot less, but unless you "knew a guy you could trust"--and I didn't--it's a risky venture. Also this was a price for driving the car to the shop and leaving it, it wasn't a motor already pulled. No doubt pulling the motor is a big factor in the labor cost.
The Campbell guys were SB circle track guys iirc. Very big operation. If they pulled the motor, installed it? that's pretty solid. Pistons, both decks, cam etc etc and we were what 70 cents on the US dollar? Super good deal.
Building muscle cars in Canada is an extreme luxury.

Thanks all for your input, I really appreciate it, and it's helped me decide which upgrade direction to go...next time I fall into a small pile of cash. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back