• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Burned out (NOT burn out) Superbird at IAAI (For auction, not mine)

Just register the car in a state that does not require titles and get a clean registration,with that you can get a title in another state if necessary. No one is going to destruct that car.we will see it back on the auction block with shiny new paint soon enough.

and it's still "the burned up one"........ by now everyone is aware of it

rust repair has become accepted, but I would think fire carries some sort of "stigma"

maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't want it

I would think the fire, and more so, the scrutiny that goes along with cars of that pedigree would make it very undesirable........ what collector would want "the burned up one"?
I'd take that one over the salt dunked, tow truck damaged, "hurricane" pair.. lol

and it's still "the burned up one"........ by now everyone is aware of it

rust repair has become accepted, but I would think fire carries some sort of "stigma"

maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't want it
That car is not a structurally compromised burnt car. Yes it needs a roofskin,the top of the cowl and firewall and some metal treatment,but it is completely fixable. AMD has the sheetmetal to fix it

Last edited:
AMD makes a hood and a nose? ......... cause those are gonna be warped to sh#t........ I agree, it can be fixed; but it will always be "the burnt one"

AMD makes a hood and a nose? ......... cause those are gonna be warped to sh#t........ I agree, it can be fixed; but it will always be "the burnt one"
The hood is a modified 70 Coronet flat hood,those are not hard to find. There are a few guys making the front piece of the hood for Superbirds. The cone didn't get that hot,the headlight doors are not melted.

What about the red Daytona? The junkyard one.
It looks like this now! The car is rolling proof that AMD can save any wing car!

13263923_1582269048770360_7616992676300209851_n-e1464231112237.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

My friend fabricated and installed the rear window plug for the car.

IMG_5599.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

IMG_5716.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

You are the miracle worker,you could whip this wingcar right back into shape.......blindfolded!

The hood is a modified 70 Coronet flat hood,those are not hard to find. There are a few guys making the front piece of the hood for Superbirds. The cone didn't get that hot,the headlight doors are not melted.

pick me up on the way to pick it up! Road TRip!

and what the hell happened to me? who was that guy?

Scuff and prime the rusty spots, it's merely surface rust. Push the roof skin back up. Replace the wiring harnesses. Install an interior. Glass. Mechanical......brakes. Drive the **** out of it.

You are the miracle worker,you could whip this wingcar right back into shape.......blindfolded!

I'd do better than that team of monkeys ......... it's a numbers game, you know at least one of those dudes is a slacker :lol:

Last edited:
Scuff and prime the rusty spots, it's merely surface rust. Push the roof skin back up. Replace the wiring harnesses. Install an interior. Glass. Mechanical......brakes. Drive the **** out of it.
The roadkill way to get it back on the road! They did that with the burnt fastback Barracuda!

Auto Transport Service
Back