• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAN ANYONE I.D. THIS RIFLE

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
It is 7.62 39
Can't find brand name on it, have serial number if needed
thumbnail (38).jpg
thumbnail (37).jpg

Has an SKS look to it.
Modern stock not from SKS
If it is SKS there is no brand. China doesn’t identify their rifles.

Last edited:
'sort of' resembles Russian SKS
(or a copy sort of) 7.32x39 semiauto rifle
it has a rail added to the back
not exactly sure what it is
holes on the front & the rail on that back look different
where the mag goes in, looks the same

lots of remakes out there

That rail on the back is an aftermarket scope mount, heard they rattle loose.
Aftermarket heat shield on the upper foregrip.

that 'furniture' doesn't look familar.
my norinco,,,,,,,,,,,,, came with pallet type wood

my inhouse armory expert, will be home shortly

Mine is a tapco, the OP has an aftermarket Monte Carlo stock. I also blue blacked my bolt.

Last edited:
That rail on the back is an aftermarket scope mount, heard they rattle loose.
Aftermarket heat shield on the upper foregrip.

On the scope mount, I thought I saw a flip up sight there
Looking at website provided it does look SKS
Can any info be had from the serial number?

It has one from the factory forward of the bolt, not sure about your mount, there's alot of aftermarket items out there, SN, no clue. You might be able to track it after you find where it was manufactured but I doubt it. I like mine alot, only Chinese thing I've never broke lol.

There is a website that can narrow down what year it came from based on the serial numbers. All the parts should have a number on them. If your lucky and they all match then it is a true original.
When I get back to the computer I’ll find the link unless someone here knows one

On yooperjs home page there a alot of pages of info twords the bottom that may help you

Can any info be gleamed from the serial#, especially brand

There is a website that can narrow down what year it came from based on the serial numbers. All the parts should have a number on them. If your lucky and they all match then it is a true original.
When I get back to the computer I’ll find the link unless someone here knows one

I did notice several serial stampings in about 3 or 4 locations. In fact I was kind of surprised to see multiple ones.

It has one from the factory forward of the bolt, not sure about your mount, there's alot of aftermarket items out there, SN, no clue. You might be able to track it after you find where it was manufactured but I doubt it. I like mine alot, only Chinese thing I've never broke lol.

The SKS style rifles are one of the toughest rifles ever built. Not accurate past 300 yards but can be thrown in a muddy swamp and keep on firing.
They used to be dirt cheap but haven’t priced one lately.

I did notice several serial stampings in about 3 or 4 locations. In fact I was kind of surprised to see multiple ones.

If it is Chinese then there should also be stampings of their letters or figures and that narrows down which factory and province it came from.
Not in any way completely accurate but what we have gleaned from other rifles serial numbers in the databases.
They are very secretive about production and numbers produced.
Go figure.

Auto Transport Service
Back