• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please post a pic or two of..

ramairthree

Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
where the horn is mounted in a 73/4 RR?
And a pic of where the horn relay goes.
Thank you.

It seems like i seen a similar post looking for the same thing somewhere here before this, I tried to find a picture of one and all i came up with is a 71-72 engine compartment on a RR, It showed the horn on the P-side right in front of the radiator over flow tank, i looked a bit further and did find a picture of the compartment on a 74 RR but its not in the same place, cant see it anywhere. I got to thinking maybe a wiring diagram could help you so this link (wiring diagram) is for a 74 RR Satellite or GTX, It shows it between the head lights on the outside of the radiator support, This shows the wiring and i thought maybe you could look on yours in that area and see if thats where the color coded wires takes you, hopefully someone will post a picture of theres, mine is the Satellite (73) but its the same exact location as is in this diagram. If the color coded wires lead you to this position maybe you will find other evidence that there was one there. I did email a friend who should know the answer to this, hes very knowledgeable in these Mopars. Here is the link, hope it clears it up until someone posts a photo or i hear back from this guy... Good luck.

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1974/74SatelliteRoadRunnerA.JPG

My horns are in the far front corners, in front of the rad support and behind the head lights. don't know if that is correct but thats where they are.
The relay saga.
After running the horn circut both from the wheel forward and back from the horn, I finally found some pics that shower it mounted under the dash near the top of the brake pedal, but that was wrong too. so after many days of searching numerious wiring diagrams. Where was it????? Dam thing plugged in to the top of the fuse box, where you would look for a flasher and the flasher is what was up under the dash.
The genius that I had bought the car from had this big honkin doorbell looking button screwed to the bottom of the dash and a hot wire jammed in the fuse box through his button and out to the horn.
I'll tell ya I would not let that guy FIX a sandwich.

Hope this helps

My single roadrunner purple horn on my 74, is on the radiator support in front of the rad. On the passenger side.

Auto Transport Service
Back