• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carb spring bracket location

Mike Szadaj

Local time
10:48 PM
Reaction score
Does the bracket for the carb throttle return spring
7294.jpg
attach to this hole in the head, or does it go under the first intake bolt? Or is that hole in the head for the battery ground wire?

My car won't start... not sure why.. lol. Coated the connection point surfaces with Noalox as well.

The cable goes under the bolt with a star washer from the factory. not between the bracket and manifold like in the picture.

Factory installed it before paint so no need to clean it off and have it rust.

I haven’t looked at any of that stuff off my heap in a while....... but, I seem to recall the top of the return spring bracket having some sort of serrations or “teeth” where the bolt goes through.

Or...... am I crazy?

Yes.. chrysler stamped it deep so it would assumable bite into the ground wire terminal on the back side. I of course noticed that after I ground mine clean on the Bee.. LOL Many think it's a mark from a star washer.. it is not... you can see a couple of the deep stamp "serrations" in this shot on my SBird.
superbirdcleanup20182019 1027.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back