• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cassette radio

The plug blank is the female end the radio has the male end with the pins sticking out unless since this whole piece goes in it’s considered the female plug... I wonder why people post looking for this piece if it’s still made today.. I don’t f with radios as I enjoyed listening to the engines in my cars…

View attachment 1396961
I do the same thing. These days a radio just distracts me and it's been that way since the late 80s.
It was there last night. I only asked because it said a moderator edited it. It wasn’t a great pic. I’ll see if I can dig it out and get a better picture of the unit and the attaching cable. Things like that used to pop up in the 80’s in the junkyards.
It sure wasn't me....

Don’t want to Hi Jack this post but I tried to PM you here but I left a comment over at dodgecharger.com on your charging and wiring upgrade under my name Pipeliner. If you get time could you please take a look at it. Thanks
Oh ok! Yes I have my inbox full here. I tried to clean it up but having several important conversation threads there didn’t finish the job.

will check later the thread around there

The cap jumper plug is used on those cars equipped with multiplexer radio (that’s how it calls those with the cassette pigtail) but no cassette player. I guess this was posible because multiplexer Radios are as far I recall rated 5 watts to speakers while non Multiplexer were 2 or 3 watts. Soooo if some buyer wanted a “powerfull” Radio (LOL) had to get the Multiplexer unit.

the cap plug gets internally the jumper to link L and R in and outs. the cassette player got the function selector so it had to cut the Radio section getting into the AMP section of the Radio to be able to get in the cassette audio into the AMP.

When I got my first multiplexer Radio it had missed this cap plug, so I had to build my own jumper plug. Got a DIN 8 pins female plug (7 pins is the correct one but shop didn’t have it, so got th 8 pins which is the same but an extra one in the middle) and solded the jumper wires into it following the diagram pin out

This Radio didn’t work, so had to get a second one which was in working order and it got the cap plug. Since I made the AUX line in conversion, removed the cap and made the adapter box with a new DIN connector pigtail attached to the box I made. As far I recall I allways kept the cap plug in the car. Can’t recall if storaged into the adapter box, ash tray or console glove box. And my car is in pieces at the body shop since some years now. I HOPE the cap plug is not missed.

Last edited:
yes this will be going up for sale shortly , and a big thank you to all that answered and chimed in on my question . ed

Have a friend who has a complete set - up out of an 1971 B Body

Console Automatic - With factory cassette player still mounted on it , looks mint and clean Bracket / Cover perfect

All pigtails , with plug if needed

Factory NOS Microphone

AM FM Radio with cassette pigtail

Complete set up

All in excellent condition , looks wise - Now working , good question

$1,000 ? - $2,000 ?
I have no idea what this is worth complete , with 71 B Body Auto Console

Thanx Scott

My car came with one, but I don't have the mic. If you would like to sell, let me know the price.

20230817_194521.jpg

20231019_181424[1].jpg

Radio Shack used to sell DIN connectors.

IIRC they are the same as MIDI connectors for keyboards and other MIDI compatible musical instruments.

Auto Transport Service
Back