• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome????

Good luck, I've called damn near every shop for quotes on my vent windows and it's insane. The 2 I found to be fair priced are NuChrome out of Ma and Custom Cast & Chrome out of Titusville, Florida which is where I sent mine. I guess our Gov sicked the EPA on them and the pricing has gone up as a result. New bumpers are probably the same price as getting them re chromed or at least most things seem to be.

TRi City plating in Tennessee is the best for the money. You can bring to shows and get them delivered back to shows like carlile or other shows. Saves a great deal of freight.

Last edited:
I used Tri-City plating also and had no problems.

Had two bumpers for my 61 Plymouth done about 5 years ago by Keystone In Minn...the quality was outstanding...a little slow to get done but they told me that upfront...I was very satisfied

Had mine done at Spacecoast in Melbourne, FL. $1000 for front and back 67 GTX and I drove them down and drove back to pick them up. Nice work, but not cheap, and the turn around was about three months. Repops may be a cheaper but lesser quality option if they are available for your car. Always Bumper Boys. I think they may drive them across the border to have work done in Mexico to avoid EPA and you may get a different bumper back than the one you sent them that is the ends of two different bumpers welded together.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/nearly-half-of-cadillac-dealers-wont-sell-2014-elr-77058.html

Another happy Tri-City Plating customer. Took my bumpers with me to Carlisle, swapped the front bumper for one they had brought. Rear bumper they took back with them. Shipped to my house three weeks later. They did a great job of straightening the rear bumper as well. Chrome is guaranteed for as long as I own the car...no questions asked. Guys were real straight shooters.

TRi City plating in Tennessee is the best for the money. You can bring to shows and get them delivered back to shows like carlile or other shows. Saves a great deal of freight.
X2 !! I used them and was VERY happy all the way around !!

How bad does a bumper have to be before they can't straighten it?

Anyone with before & after pictures?

Best to call them and ask as thay will let you know up front.

Auto Transport Service
Back