• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console automatic shifter bracket install

RJ Squirrel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
I am putting a console shift in the RR, getting ready to weld in this bracket, looks like it is placed so the vertical torque rod is centered up on the round flat on the tunnel? Is that what we want?

84BC46BD-DFA2-4D04-A151-2D990984F268.jpeg

OK everybody stop looking I found the writeup from 2013 with dimensions thanks
get back to looking at boobies pictures

Would be nice to have the trans in the car to see how the shaft lines up. Also nice to have a console to mock up

i bolted all my brackets to the console and got it located and spot welded the brakets to floor. then removed console and completed welding them in .

Thats what I did too, also drew a centerline between the doorjamb pinch welds for reference to keep it straight. I keep forgetting that the driveline hump is not centered

It all makes more sense with the centerline. The left side of the shifter bracket mount is the center of the console. With that edge on the centerline the vertical torque rod lines up with the center dimple in the round flat on the tunnel. I think that is how it was designed

BA54B9CB-EB04-48B2-8ABF-3C4BD0A60B35.jpeg496E5627-5B0D-4761-AFBC-4652F8F70CD0.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back