• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console parts/Aftermarket Consoles

John H

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for an aftermarket Console for my 67 Coronet 440 with a stick and bucket seats? It doesn't have to be OEM.

Or suggestions on where to buy cup holders etc. if I choose to build my own console.

I have built 2 consoles for myself. One wood and one steel. Cup holders are available at marine stores and online. Start a self-made console with a cardboard model. I liked the 1/2" MDF board to work with for the wood unit. My wife sewed up the blue vinyl cover for me and for the steel console I used 1/8" "masonite" attached to the frame with door panel clips. That way the upholstery can be done on each panel and just popped on when done. I am having the sides carpeted and the top and storage box/armrest covered in the same vinyl as the headliner.
Mike
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
IMG_2586.JPG

WOW.... How about the USB Charger port? Marine store too? Thanks Mike
I found a digital voltmeter with a USB port online for-$10.00. It is in the blue console next to the tissue box hole.
Mike

There is a plastic replacement console out there. I bought mine from Summit for about $300, but they don't seem to have it any more. It looks like they are still available from eBay retailers. All of the lights, covers, and trim fit just like the original.

Everything about the part seems to be correct, but the plastic is very "plasticy". The original was made of something that resembles bondo. The replacement is ABS. It lacks the feel of the original and it's noisy when you drop stuff in the console. Still, it looks right, goes in right, and seems to work fine (it's a console, after all). I was thinking of hitting it with some high-build primer, then painting it to match the rest of the interior, but now I'm thinking that I might just cover it with "vegan leather" to match my seats.

Auto Transport Service
Back