• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting early taper axles/hubs to use later removable brake drums and all RH lug studs.

@icetech I got new USA drums from Craig @mobileparts. Why did you use new style bearing retainers? Did you convert to flanged axles?
yeah.... my car is exactly what i didn't want to build.. it was going to just be bone stock, highway gears and silent exhaust, and now it's 4.57s with new axles (thus the change to flanged) trickflows and all that.. I'm mad at myself for getting out of control, it's nothing i can't switch back from though

I have a new pair if Weld Wheels and slicks. I want to separate the drum from the hub so I can put long studs in for the wheels. The original owner of Max street raced him against the best that Northeast Philadelphia had to offer and then took the engine and trans out and raced it in a wagon body. Then during the divorce put everything back into MAX. 13 1/2 motor, manual shift reverse pattern TorqueFlite, fenderwell headers and 4.88 gears! I was ready to race from day one. I put a Milodon pan on it and the 3705 carbs and put 4.11s in.

Auto Transport Service
Back