• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible that showed up at our local car show.

Leesrt

Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
Cool 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible that showed up at our local car show. The owner had bought one of the first ones after returning from Viet Nam in about 1968. He eventually sold it. Missing it all these years, he decided to buy another at the age of 77. He was telling me that there were only about 20 of these made. He figures he probably had one of the first ones ever built. Cool story and car.

DSC_0167sm.jpg

DSC_0168sm.jpg

DSC_0169sm.jpg

DSC_0172sm.jpg

DSC_0173sm.jpg

I wonder if his original one was yellow as well?
Reminds me of the time I had my 69 Hemi GTX at a show and a guy shows up and told me he had one just like it when it was almost new. Of course it was his old car as they aren't exactly common.

I think there were more than 20 unless it's a Hemi.

I going to claim "closest to the pin" on that, then.

Cool 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible that showed up at our local car show. The owner had bought one of the first ones after returning from Viet Nam in about 1968. He eventually sold it. Missing it all these years, he decided to buy another at the age of 77. He was telling me that there were only about 20 of these made. He figures he probably had one of the first ones ever built. Cool story and car.

View attachment 1712891

View attachment 1712892

View attachment 1712893

View attachment 1712894

View attachment 1712895
Same colour as the Super Bee coupe that I bought new in 1969. Beautiful car!

This one was heading for the crusher at a local wrecking yard in the 80s. So I talked the owner into letting me buy it. It needed allot of work and I didn't have the money to handle it , so I sold it to a good friend and he restored it. And it is a pilot car he found out loaded with options. Ac pw pb cruise 6 way seat and more.
I am happy I heard what was happening to all those cars. We saved one.
20180919_121033.jpg

Maybe it was 1 of 20 in that particular color?

Color is a percentage, so no way to nail that down.

Still claiming closes to the pin.

Im not a very good (in fact, really bad) golfer
I can usually claim "Closest to the tee"

Saw a production number of 7500 of these.

E7053316-EE1A-45A6-8510-D76A08EA95AA.png

Wow! Very nice indeed. Worth the price of admission!

99 440 4-Speeds were built, Not sure how many still exist?
This is mine, but original drivetrain was gone when I bought it.
Also, not an original N96 car, previous owner added the hood and air grabber assembly.

CoronetAtAFB_small.jpg

69CoronetTag.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back