• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coolest item I saw at the Red Barns Show (yesterday)!

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
I attended the Mopar show at the Gilmore Museum yesterday. I do not own a cell phone so, no photos. I helped a couple unload a custom-built trike shortly after arriving and parking (385 out of 448 entries). I saw it pull in and spotted something different about the engine so I had to investigate. The machine was quite large/long wheel based and it had 2 seats (side by side) with the engine in front of the seats. Handlebars swooping up and then ending vertically in front of the left seat. A tube with a tierod end welded on to the handlebar pivot and went forward to the front spindle, so the bars still controlled steering, not like a normal trike.
Now to the good part: the engine was the front 2 cylinders of a 400 B! The owner built the machine back in the 90s and it looked well used. He had used 3/8" plate to seal up the rear and to adapt a C-4 transmission. It mounted a motorcycle carb with a fabricated, tubular intake with a "Y" and tubular exhaust pipes joined under the belly attached to a smaller bike style muffler. He told me he had bolted the flex plate to the back of the 3rd crank counter weight. I didn't think to ask about rear seal operation so I have little idea about that. Aluminum valve covers with a plate welded on sealed the top and the "sound" was great when he started the engine!
It was the coolest machine at the show!
Overall, it was a great show with a huge spectator turnout!
Mike

I will not buy a cell phone to take pics for anyone. I do wish I had taken my camera though.
Mike

Many other devices will take a photo other than a phone.

Auto Transport Service
Back