• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corvette ZR1 Top Speed Announcement

6AC16898-E7BE-40F1-8845-A99B364600E4.jpeg
F106A3B4-7676-4F33-8C02-A63845B1AE50.jpeg

Yes, impessive. With the price tag to go along with it. It seems the Corvettes are now the new Mustangs at the local car shows/cruise nights. They are everywhere, dozens of them. All of the old timers are driving them. All 8 generations of them.

I have a C6, but really like the looks of the C7 and the performance of the C8. The C2, '67 427, 4-speed, removable hardtop was my high school dream car, but the advance in tech cannot be denied. I don't know where I would ever hit 233 MPH without serious jail time.

At 6'2" (but shrinking) 250-ish, I ain't fitting it that thing well
but from what I understand & I sat in one a while back
when they 1st came out with the C8s, not this specific zR1
it's roomier than most much more expensive cars, in it's style/class

I know I would never fit in a new Ford GT, not even with a shoehorn
at 4 times the costs

IMHFO the C8 is 'A bargain for a cheap supercar',
impressive for a 5.5ltr DOHC motor, 233.5+mph
(hell the pushrod motors are impressive even)
it can & often competes with (or beats) cars 4-5 to 10+ times it's MSRP...

& It's at-least mostly American made,
**** outsourced to Chinese Tipa/Tiawan
harnesses, the electronics (IS) & computer chip & Brain
unfortunately, it's all a subsidized by Government Motors

I would never own a newer GM, ever, not even a reg. 4x4 truck or car...

I'd rather still have a last gen. Viper, even if it is slower...
Or a Power Wagon or RHO or TRX

I've owned a few Vetts, early C1's are small cars no room,
need a small steering wheel to fit even
Started with a ragged out 57 Fuelie, I got from my buds dad, I drove a while
even at a svelte 225# back then 34" waist, I could hardly fit & then flipped,
61 fuelie convert., another 62 conv./removeable HT racecar 8.90 S/C,
65 425hp 396 convt. (really nice car),
C2's I do like a lil' more, a 68 427 400hp Tri-power T-tops,
71 LS6 425hp 454 (Really 450+) T-tops (really nice driver, quick as hell too)
a few others I bought, just to flip (help fund my racing) good deals from
a dealership trade-ins...

I really liked the Trans Am's/Firehawk's even better, bigger drivers area

I'm just not the;
wearing a silk shirt halfway unbuttoned, revealed w/gold chain/neckless wearing
in Berkenstocks with tube socks & Bermuda shorts, gold bracelet & big watch wantabee
or the 3rd World looking guys... :poke: they seem to attract

Last edited:
I have a C6, but really like the looks of the C7 and the performance of the C8. The C2, '67 427, 4-speed, removable hardtop was my high school dream car, but the advance in tech cannot be denied. I don't know where I would ever hit 233 MPH without serious jail time.
I think 133 can get you jail time.

Yes, impessive. With the price tag to go along with it. It seems the Corvettes are now the new Mustangs at the local car shows/cruise nights. They are everywhere, dozens of them. All of the old timers are driving them. All 8 generations of them.
It is a funny thing.
The memes about Corvette owners often show a group of white haired guys in Polo shirts with Dockers brand short pants and white New Balance shoes.
One time there was a Corvette gathering near a muffler shop that was near me. I drove the Charger there to talk about setting an appointment to get the exhaust done on a project car. As I idled through the parking lot, two guys stopped talking and stared at me as I rumbled through.
"Our cars will never sound like that, will they?" said one guy.
No, they will not.

18 AAAA.JPG

Chevrolet says they aren't limiting production of the ZR1. That's a nice thing to hear...maybe this will stop dealerships from gouging customers?

How many people are willing and able to shell out $180,000 to $205,000 (+ taxes & etc.)?

I haven't really admired the looks of the Corvette since the '72 model year. I liked the prior years too. Back in the day, a friend/coworker would drive around in his '62 (?) Corvette convertible. I liked that car. More recently, a friend/coworker gave me a ride in his C6. It was nice. It took me until the final model year of the C7 to like the looks of them; and darker colors are preferred. Maybe I'll go test drive a C7 in the future out of sheer curiosity. Glad they finally got around to placing the engine in the correct location when they designed the C8. That ZR1 is quite an accomplishment. I guess they deserve the title of true American sports car.
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

It’s impressive, including the price. However this one is fast enough for me and cheaper.

IMG_0202.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg

Chargin Charlie Glotzbach went 243 MPH on bias ply tires in the #88 Corporate Dodge Daytona on the Chrysler proving grounds 5 mile track in 1970. Charlie said to my friend Gary,how fast have you gone in your Daytona,Gary replied 208 MPH,Charlie chuckled and said I went 243!

dodge-daytona-1024x495.jpg

Last edited:
It is a funny thing.
The memes about Corvette owners often show a group of white haired guys in Polo shirts with Dockers brand short pants and white New Balance shoes.
One time there was a Corvette gathering near a muffler shop that was near me. I drove the Charger there to talk about setting an appointment to get the exhaust done on a project car. As I idled through the parking lot, two guys stopped talking and stared at me as I rumbled through.
"Our cars will never sound like that, will they?" said one guy.
No, they will not.

View attachment 1742564
You drove there to piss them off. Like Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills, when John drove my Mopar down the Ferrari Only” aisle. Uncapped. No rolling waves on that pass…

Auto Transport Service
Back