• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple photos from Hemmings Musclepalooza

CDXXVII

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
5/29/11 at Lebanon Valley Dragway (eastern NY)

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 785
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 779
I love 63 Plymouth's ! Is that the red 64 that had the Tri-Wi exhaust manifolds on it ?? Thanks for the pics. Ron

coollowes.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. The '64 is just what you thought. The owner did not drive it the two hours from Jersey but I guess he does drive it to the Rhinebeck show. He said when he bought it it had ~7000 miles on it. There are ~14,000 on it now.

The '63 was racing in the F.A.S.T. class. Maybe someone here knows the car? I am pretty sure he had Max Wedge heads but I don't think the block was. His cu. in. was likely WAY over 440. The pass I saw he ran something like 11.09!

Ed Cook owns the black 63 Maxie. It has run 10.60's last year and I thought he found some power over the winter. May have been real bad air. And yes it is a tad bigger then 440 cubes ! LoL. Ron

The cool thing about the red 64 Dodge is the Tri-Wi exh manifolds. Mopar showed them in advertisements about the 64 Orange monster but as far as I know they were never used in production cars so thats why they really caught my attention seeing them on a car under the hood. They are wild looking. Do you have any good pics of the eng on the 64 Dodge ? Thanks , Ron

Engine Pics!

Here's the engine in the '64.

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 615
Ed Cook owns the black 63 Maxie. It has run 10.60's last year and I thought he found some power over the winter. May have been real bad air. And yes it is a tad bigger then 440 cubes ! LoL. Ron

All of the FAST cars seemed to be off their times that day. It was hot and humid for sure!

Those are crazy exhaust manifolds....check out the black brace on top of the pass valve cover.

some came up on fleabay awhile ago.......wanted 2500 for one side if I can remember correctly...

I like that he is using them on his car rather than hanging them on a wall. I can respect that!

too bad i sold my 64 aluminum savoy. i would have bought those in a heartbeat for $15,000+
those are history for sure.they will never lose their value with so few in circulation.

Took some additional photos at the 9/4/11 event for those that could not be there. I figured why not keep using the same thread.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 381
its my understanding that the tri-y's weren't production because they wouldn't fit an unmodified inner fender well. if you look carefully there appears to be some mods to the inner fender panel.

Here's a couple more from the 5/27/12 event at Lebanon Valley.

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back