• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy looking chick has a '72 LeBaron for sale.

SteveSS

Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
At our local Quick Shop I've seen an old C Body. I asked the heavily tattooed girl at the counter about it. She said she and her husband were trying to sell it. Their landlord made them move it. It has a bad tranny so they limped it to where she works. She thinks it has a 440. It is painted a flat dark gray which is always suspect. I dunno. Is it worth ANYTHING? I'm guessing the trans plus labor will be a couple of thousand. Maybe the engine is worth something. What if anything should I offer?

2 or 4 dr. Assuming 4

1972 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LEBARON 440-225hp (8cyl-4V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Htp427579501230021000
4dr Htp380071001100018800

1972 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LEBARON 440-225hp (8cyl-4V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Htp427579501230021000
4dr Htp380071001100018800
Since I'm too far away to be interested.. I'll go out on a strong limb to say that 2dr #1 evaluation is light.
Probably the most desirable cbody beside a 6pack SF. On fcbo anyway

The more important question rather than "is it worth anything", is "is it worth your time?".

The description to me says "No".

At our local Quick Shop I've seen an old C Body. I asked the heavily tattooed girl at the counter about it. She said she and her husband were trying to sell it. Their landlord made them move it. It has a bad tranny so they limped it to where she works. She thinks it has a 440. It is painted a flat dark gray which is always suspect. I dunno. Is it worth ANYTHING? I'm guessing the trans plus labor will be a couple of thousand. Maybe the engine is worth something. What if anything should I offer?
Is this a "Not Mine" thread or a "WIW" thread. I'm going crazy here! :fool:

I like those cars and a 72 is a pretty cool year. 2 door trumps 4 door but 4 doors are cool too. Needs paint, needs a trans. Borderline already. If the interior is hagged, vinyl roof lumpy or rust holes run away fast.
Europeans used to go nuts over those cars though, they seem to have a following over there.

72 has a non HP 440 engine with a steel forged crankshaft. The car is worth what a running 72 440 is worth. I'm guessing about a grand, knowing that the transmission is toast.

72 has a non HP 440 engine with a steel forged crankshaft. The car is worth what a running 72 440 is worth. I'm guessing about a grand, knowing that the transmission is toast.
In the 90s you'd be right. But completely wrong about the cars value now.

I went to take a closer look. It's a '74 not a '72. Her boyfriend who is the car's owner was there. You see them both. Not interested in a '74 440. Missing its vinyl top too. It's dark brown not dark gray. I guess to see the girl you'll
lebaron1.jpg
have to lighten it in photoshop.

lebaron2.jpg
lebaron3.jpg

Still might be a 2-3 grand car to the right guy

Auto Transport Service
Back