• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crowdstrike ?

What is really making this issue worse is since the computers won't boot there is no remote connectivity and every non server has to be physically touched to fix. A lot of these big companies off shored their IT and have minimal people locally that can go to each machine to fix them. I feel bad for those guys.

I read this morning that there was only one airline able to work around it by actually using a Windows 98 OS platform. Southwest!!! Even though ATC has had to ground stop almost all flights which prevented many a departure. Funny but as we are relying more upon the latest and greatest upgrades in our reliance on IT, the older stuff, and non-supported actually works better. Kinda if it ain't broke, don't FOOK with it!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

What is really making this issue worse is since the computers won't boot there is no remote connectivity and every non server has to be physically touched to fix. A lot of these big companies off shored their IT and have minimal people locally that can go to each machine to fix them. I feel bad for those guys.
Sorry, but if they offshored, I have ZERO sympathy for them. Their customers maybe, but none for the company.

Rememeber too that crowdstrike was the group that 'concluded' that the dnc had been hacked by 'da Russians' and kept feeding the russiagate hoax too...
AND are deeply entwined with the "Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing and Analysis Center" - which allegedly 'polices' elections to make sure they are accurate...

One of these days it's going to happen to the nation's grid. Everything is ran off of a computer system of some kind. Lights Out!
I encourage everyone to get a Amateur radio license. It's codeless and there's plenty of study prep programs for free out there. Most ham radio clubs give testing for free. It might be the only communications working when the grid goes down.

God that'd ^^^ be great! Just like the Walton's again.... :lol:
They had an old AM/Shortwave if I remember correctly. With Amateur Radio, you need to pass tests to be able to operate (through the FCC) Start out with International Code (Morse Code) and be able to send and receive X per minute. Short wave radio signals. You may have already known that.

They had an old AM/Shortwave if I remember correctly. With Amateur Radio, you need to pass tests to be able to operate (through the FCC) Start out with International Code (Morse Code) and be able to send and receive X per minute. Short wave radio signals. You may have already known that.
Code no longer required for a amateur radio license. A basic technician license is 50 multiple choice questions and you need a 70% to pass. Some very basic radio theory and FCC rules is all you need to study. Lots of programs out there for free to study and they give you a sample test for practice.

HT (walkie talkie) that do both analog and digital communications can be purchased for under $50 from Chinesium suppliers. Better radios are $200 to $300. Mobile radio for your cars are $200 for Chinesium and $500 for great quality transceivers.

It's not the CB radio world. It's clear long rage communications and certain repeaters can connect you across the entire world.

When 9 11 happened and the West Coast cellular network jammed ham radio guys were communicating with the East coast reliably. Just keep it in mind.

Code no longer required for a amateur radio license. A basic technician license is 50 multiple choice questions and you need a 70% to pass. Some very basic radio theory and FCC rules is all you need to study. Lots of programs out there for free to study and they give you a sample test for practice.

HT (walkie talkie) that do both analog and digital communications can be purchased for under $50 from Chinesium suppliers. Better radios are $200 to $300. Mobile radio for your cars are $200 for Chinesium and $500 for great quality transceivers.

It's not the CB radio world. It's clear long rage communications and certain repeaters can connect you across the entire world.

When 9 11 happened and the West Coast cellular network jammed ham radio guys were communicating with the East coast reliably. Just keep it in mind.
Wow, THings have changed. I did pass my novice test (it was a 9 week course in school) I never bought a radio so I fell out of practice and my license expired. That was back in the early 70's when 2 meter just became popular. I had a friend that used to code in front of his typewriter. He had a Vibroplex and could send and receive in the 50's. I was amazed.

SHortwave signals skip (or bounce) off the ionosphere to all parts of the World. (if I remember correctly)

I was in Amsterdam yesterday morning boarded the plane and taxied, got pulled off of the runway and parked for 5 hours, then canceled the flight.
We were told on the plane that if you had checked luggage there is no idea when it's going to get returned.
Non US based airlines didn't seem to have any problems as they were still leaving and landing.
Had to change airlines ($$$$) but fortunately I'm going to make it home today.
Three co-workers are not so lucky, One gets home Sunday and the other two Maybe Monday.

I was in Amsterdam yesterday morning boarded the plane and taxied, got pulled off of the runway and parked for 5 hours, then canceled the flight.
We were told on the plane that if you had checked luggage there is no idea when it's going to get returned.
Non US based airlines didn't seem to have any problems as they were still leaving and landing.
Had to change airlines ($$$$) but fortunately I'm going to make it home today.
Three co-workers are not so lucky, One gets home Sunday and the other two Maybe Monday.
That sucks but that's what happens when the computer system goes down.

Windows operating software has historically been quite vulnerable and is so widely used it's always a prime hacker target. So many Microsoft updates and patches constantly being issued to protect from all the discovered vulnerabilities in Windows OS. Seems like every one that gets installed creates a more bloated OS and extends boot time. Guess that's what the result is of trying to have an OS that tries to be all things to all people. Granted, if companies are using 'CrowdStrike" or any other flavor of anti-virus protection, and that company sends out a buggy or defective update, well this is what you get. Common thread is a connection and dependance on the internet to do anything now days. Current trend being pushed to keep everything in "The Cloud", no thanks..
Microsoft should develop software versions that are far simpler and task driven and let the user decide what's needed to do what task(s) for ones specific needs and load only what you need to accomplish what you want to do. And now, everyone is trying to introduce AI into the equation for yet more complications. Never had any issues with any of my Apple computers and Apple OS. I have used both over the past 25 + years.
Just my 2 cents worth..

Rememeber too that crowdstrike was the group that 'concluded' that the dnc had been hacked by 'da Russians' and kept feeding the russiagate hoax too...
AND are deeply entwined with the "Elections Infrastructure Information Sharing and Analysis Center" - which allegedly 'polices' elections to make sure they are accurate...
Bingo !!
Exactly !!!
I knew it was the same name/deal !!!!

Bingo - Steve Carrol agressive finger pointing.gif

Windows operating software has historically been quite vulnerable and is so widely used it's always a prime hacker target. So many Microsoft updates and patches constantly being issued to protect from all the discovered vulnerabilities in Windows OS. Seems like every one that gets installed creates a more bloated OS and extends boot time. Guess that's what the result is of trying to have an OS that tries to be all things to all people. Granted, if companies are using 'CrowdStrike" or any other flavor of anti-virus protection, and that company sends out a buggy or defective update, well this is what you get. Common thread is a connection and dependance on the internet to do anything now days. Current trend being pushed to keep everything in "The Cloud", no thanks..
Microsoft should develop software versions that are far simpler and task driven and let the user decide what's needed to do what task(s) for ones specific needs and load only what you need to accomplish what you want to do. And now, everyone is trying to introduce AI into the equation for yet more complications. Never had any issues with any of my Apple computers and Apple OS. I have used both over the past 25 + years.
Just my 2 cents worth..
All good but your little Apple is on the end ov a large food chain. Large industries use Apple for design software and the like but the huge operating systems need to be PC. Things in those huge systems need to be changed and modified and improved on without having to go through the computer manufacturer.

I've lost count of how many "bad patch" episodes I've lived through and remediated.

Some tat affected the entire organization, some that affected a large percentage of the world.

Probably gonna get worse.

Nothing got me or my org this time.

Not just airlines affected, but critical medical computer networks and many others. That info was given to me from several of my family members that work in the medical and LEO areas.
Sure, the media will distill it down to a simple 'error' on the part of the provider....but make no mistake, these are major cyber attacks. "Poking and prodding" to find the weaknesses in our backbone infrastructure.
A few weeks ago there was the big hit on the auto dealership computer networks...
Are you paying attention yet?
Nothing but crickets from our supposed "leaders"....

I encourage everyone to get a Amateur radio license. It's codeless and there's plenty of study prep programs for free out there. Most ham radio clubs give testing for free. It might be the only communications working when the grid goes down.
Not knocking your suggestion Bill, but I have ask.........

1. Do you have a generator big enough to power that radio when the grid goes down? Some amps require a LOT of power, especially tube amps.

2. Suppose you do have the generator power required, do you now have an unlimited or at least very large supply of fuel for that generator?

3. You're going to communicate with others when the grid goes down, so do they all have numbers 1 & 2 as well? If not, your chat is going to be one way.

4. So, You have the generator and the fuel, do you have the means to defend and protect yourself from the masses when they realize you have something they want?

I truly hope it never comes down to this scenario, but when and if it does, the world that we know is going to become extremely lawless and violent within a matter of a few days. It will become a free for all, and only the biggest, baddest, most ruthless sum' ******* are going to survive.

Last edited:
Well nothing is totally doomsday proof, but many ham radio repeaters are in private homes and do have some solar and some sort of generator back up. How long is a good question.

Newer mobile radios can also be configured as repeaters.

Our local Red Cross has a mobile communications van that has several types of amateur bands repeaters capabilities. I was told this van could operate for over ten days on fuel generators.

I will agree with you that ham radio will not self sustain indefinitely without the grid, but it's still a simple reliable communication method not depending on the information superhighway or any computing platforms. I still recommend the non sheeple consider the capabilities and have the abilities to communicate without depending on a network of any sort.

Auto Transport Service
Back