• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

darn lucky

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
took the hornet to the AMO thing last weekend. came home sunday dropped the trailer came home. got up monday and went about 3 miles and this happened. axle knuckel all junk. i have never seen a bearing go boom like this before. Not blue from getting hot. made no noise or shake nothing just boom. can you imagin it doing that at 80 with a trailer on??? this one is going to hurt the pocket. $$$$
284c54601eff73fe.png

2279d8b7c10ed604.png

IMG_20240620_112716.jpg

Those unit bearings don’t last forever. Now would be a good time to upgrade to free spin hubs.

Looks like you live in the rust belt? My 97 2500 diesel looks pretty good underneath except for the dang ball joint boots have rotted off. Yeah, it's all original underneath with the only new stuff is a replaced 3.54 gear set....

In PA. It's a 02. And don't know how but the front spring pads and Dana 60 is the only part with rust underneath. The fenders and rockers are another story... Lol
Let me know if ya need a trans. I got a brand new one on the back porch. Hit a deer on the way to the shop to put in my 97..

In PA. It's a 02. And don't know how but the front spring pads and Dana 60 is the only part with rust underneath. The fenders and rockers are another story... Lol
Let me know if ya need a trans. I got a brand new one on the back porch. Hit a deer on the way to the shop to put in my 97..
Advertise it!

What do you expect from a crappy, POS trailer from U-Haul?
I have rented a U-Haul car trailer on numerous occasions and have not had an issue. All long distance, cross country trips. Most recent was a 3100km trip from central British Columbia to S.W. Ontario with a Triumph TR6 (the wife's birthday present) on board, through the mountains, across the Continental Divide no less.

Change the other side as well. Axle seals too (and they're a pain).

Those unit bearings don’t last forever. Now would be a good time to upgrade to free spin hubs.
id love to do that but have ya seen the price of them kits??? 2200 bucks.

Looks like you live in the rust belt? My 97 2500 diesel looks pretty good underneath except for the dang ball joint boots have rotted off. Yeah, it's all original underneath with the only new stuff is a replaced 3.54 gear set....
what gears did ya have before??

I’ve got Spyntec on my 11. But my truck doesn’t have CAD like yours does. I got it so the front driveshaft doesn’t spin going down the freeway….those Cardan joints can explode taking the the trans, t-case, wiring, fuel lines and dent the floor pan.

I’ve got Spyntec on my 11. But my truck doesn’t have CAD like yours does. I got it so the front driveshaft doesn’t spin going down the freeway….those Cardan joints can explode taking the the trans, t-case, wiring, fuel lines and dent the floor pan.
the drive shaft don't turn when the cad is not ingaged. the only good thing about the cad thing is there is only i vacuum line to make it work. no wires and a manual T-case. its not a bad system really. but is prone to fail at the worst time ie vacuum line gets a hole in it or the diafram in the acuator on the cad its self gose bad. nether of them show up as bad...until ya need it ...lol i am instaling a cable unit to get rid of the cad so i don't have to worry about it again. i would rather have the manual hubs... but i can't justify 2200 bucks when the cable kit was 60 bucks.

Auto Transport Service
Back