• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash cluster wedge lights not working

Rod henderson

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
hello, need help regarding my 69 rally cluster gauge restoring it put in a new TicTac TikTok decided to replace all of the lightbulbs, including the wedge bulbs that lock into circuit board. ... all of the other lights are working. (The lights behind the tachometer and speedometer are working and dim)… for the exception of the twist in wedge bulbs that twist into circuit board. All gauges are working any thoughts and help appreciates ps Have replaced 3a fuse in glove box. Everything else working except wedge bulbs.

Dash lites are run off the headlite/dimmer control.
Check its connections, also rotate the rheostadt a few times as frequently can get dirty having a poor connection..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Thanks, yes dimmer works for dimming light behind tach and speedometer but no light on wedge lights. Do you think you could still be the rheostat o perhaps bad circuit board?

Thanks, yes dimmer works for dimming light behind tach and speedometer but no light on wedge lights. Do you think you could still be the rheostat o perhaps bad circuit board?
Hmm..
If the dimmer control works for the tach & speedo then 12V is getting to the dimmer rheostadt, problem is the output circuit. I would suggest U check the cluster guage PCB for continuity, note that one dash dial lite circuit may work and another 1 be open. Crucial that the little self-tapping mounting screws beside each bulb socket be torqued down tight and the contact ears on each screw-in plastic bulb holder is clean and contacts are not bent..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back