• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Lights

Mariposa Mike

Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
On this new to me 66 Charger I finished all the tune up work, cooling system work, fuel pump replacement, etc. and tire/wheel replacement but last night I went out to be wowed by the dash lights and find they don't work either. I have a lot of paper work the PO gathered and find that he sent the gauges to a shop in WA for repair. But now they don't light up nor are the interior lights working. I'm pretty sure they were when I picked up the car a couple weeks ago but in the daylight I did not check the dash lights. The PO has passed and I don't have any way of contacting him in the great beyond. One picture I have from the seller ( a relative) shows a couple fuses laying on the center console. Might be a clue the PO was working on this problem.

I did not previously know about the electro gauges in these cars and I'm not sure where to start beyond fuses. If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate knowing more. Manuals that came along with car and notes I found with schematics may help me but I might also be outside my expertise if these panels are not user friendly. I know about the early 60's electro gauges and heard they can be difficult. Advice appreciated. I would like to be able to drive this car in darkness without holding a flashlight to see the gauges.

Auto Transport Service
Back