• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash pad and parts

IslandMopar

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Aloha Forum Team,

I have begun work on the interior of my `70 satellite and, in regard to the dash, am thinking of getting a dash cap. I did some looking and found caps at Dante's Mopar Parts and Andy's Auto Sport ($69 and $71.79). Are caps a good substitute? And if so, anyone have a good source?

Also, I would appreciate any recommendations you may have for great places that deal with interior parts for mopars.

Thank you.

I think a repro pad for 68-70 is less than $200 (vs 400-800 for my 73/74).

If I could put on a new pad for 2 bills I sure would.

I have a cap for 71-74, but the labor is much more involved than replacing the pad.

Thanks for the above comments and recommendations. Regarding the reproduction pad idea, I thought that removing the old pad and installing a new one would be difficult and so the cap idea. How is the pad held in place and do you know of a good source for a reproduction pad for under $200?

Pad on a 70 B-body is held on by studs on the pad that go through the dash frame and are held on by small nuts. If you can get your instrument cluster, radio, and glove box out of the dash you should be able to reach up behind it and o it using small sockets on an extension. Good luck!

As a follow up to my cap idea. Anyone actually installed a dash cap (as opposed to a dash pad)? How did it turn out and, if it was great, where did you get it from? Aloha.

Pad

I used a dash cap on my Swinger and it was all right but you could see it on there so I just left it till I could get a good pad and put on it. The caps will all ways show. Ronnie

Auto Transport Service
Back