• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detroit Muscle Technologies Door Seals & Roof Rail Weatherstrip Good?

I bought a bunch of seals and similar stuff from DMT for my Charger and everything was great. All of it looked pretty fresh. I've ordered stuff in the past from other vendors that looked like it had been baking on a shelf for years, definitely not the case with DMT's stuff.

Got all my seals and window whiskers and some other stuff from them over the years. Jims products are really nice and everything fits. It also helps his shop is only 20 minutes from our house.

I’ve used their door seals on both my 66 and 67 and they fit fine.

Getting ready to install my roof rail weatherstrips, just took one out of the packaging and held it up there, it is way too short, I assume they stretch when you stuff them into the track? I have not tried yet

I don’t think I would rely on stretching it. If it’s really too short it’s an issue. It doesn’t glue into the channel so if stretched it will probably shrink backup with a little time. It may be longer than you think. Try laying it out on a table and tape measuring it. Or just put it in and see if it doesn’t fit. They snap in or remove pretty quickly. I use a pop cycle stick or something similar to ease the side down to where it seats in the recess of the channel.

Everything I've used from DMT has been top notch.

DMT had the correct roof rail seals for my 62 hardtop, it is behind the door glass when you shut it, and then curves out so the rear side window rolls up into it.

They sent me the wrong windshield gasket, with the correct sticker on it indicating it was for a 62.
A quick call, he answered the phone, problem solved.
I've called with other questions and he is always willing to assist.

Any questions, just call.

So followup on my earlier post, I called Jim at DMT to figure out what the problem was, turns out the problem is me! I ordered a complete weatherstrip kit for a coupe/post car, mine is a hardtop so the roof rails are completely different.
You will be hard pressed to find better customer service, I ordered them back in January, but that was not an issue for him as he is sending me the right ones along with a return envelope for the wrong ones, all free of charge.
What a good guy huh? I offered to pay for shipping and/or return fee but he would not hear of it!

Just placed an order for door, trunk, and roof rail kit along with a bunch of other stuff. Thanks

Great resolution. I’ve been impressed with DMT products. I wish they carried more stuff for our old cars.

I got most of my seals for my 67 convertible from DTM and Metro parts. All good stuff that fits and seals well.

Jim is a member on here IIRC

I also believe he handles Metro or maybe it's SoffSeal. It's been awhile but whatever I bought from him was very nice and correct for my application. I'd rather deal with him than some of the other "vendors" of aftermarket items. All of his gaskets and precut insulation are his products.

Just checked and it was the Metro Super Soft product I got from him.
20180302_165613 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back