• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake conversion 67 GTX

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
6EB1F612-CA15-4ED9-A2AA-73A1C2193CE6.jpeg
3623CC64-B781-4AC4-B6E0-A1F77EC52D71.jpeg

Mine came from Ramman, the kit was totally fine and well made , but some have had a problem communicating with them , there is another that sells same parts, that I hear is easier to deal with! Can’t recall name right now but you can look it up , google! I used his style parts because, I liked the new spindles and ease of , after the fact , replacement pads , rotors and calipers, were readily available at most parts stores, and the install was a piece of cake , and it worked out to be a very quality parts and functional as advertised, which in my opinion, is all that a guy could expect for his money! Fyi, I opted for drilled and slotted rotors, for the benefit of better high speed stopping , which I probably, will never do , but encase , I’m prepared! Hope this helps, and no aluminum junk for me on brakes! Oh , and only American bearings!

Thanks for the info. Did you upgrade to power brakes too. I saw Ramman sells a OEM style power booster which look real nice.

No , sir manual brakes , disc conversion on frt , and fresh 11x2.5” on back , his m/cylinder, worked perfectly, I only changed rear wheel cylinders to 1/16” smaller size , which I purchased from Dr Diff , and my conversion works like a charm ! I’m completely satisfied with my brakes and have hammered on them several times to verify their stopping abilities at 70 mph to 0 , so it stops, much better than the drums did , which were excellent in there on right ! Probably did the conversion because the drums had previously been inappropriately removed from the original hubs and I was not really pleased with that ! My 67 Gtx was a total, ground up rebuild and I wanted near operating perfection , on every system! Which is what I ended up with! Hope this helps ! If I can be of a service, like most all in this site, we will be glad , to assist all that we can ! JC

Auto Transport Service
Back