• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

disc brake swap and PS parts compatibility for 2nd Gen Charger

firedome

Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
Recently picked up a true barn find (stored 30 yrs) '70 R/T 4spd ...more on that later.
Will any power steering parts or disc brakes/master cyl/powerbrake from a '69 NYer be compatible for use with a '70 R/T?
Am picking up the NYer and wondering what could be used from it.
My previous B-bodies have been '64 Dodge.
Thanks for any info.
Roger in NY

Power steering box should work, but might need different pitman arm arm. Disc brakes likely will not interchange, because I think spindles are different between C-body and B-boby. C-bodies used Budd disc brake system, while B-body had Bendix. Power booster and master cylinder should work.

Not much will interchange there.
The steering box may physically fit but I think the pitman shaft on C body cars was the larger size. The shape of the C body pitman may be wrong for the B body, I'm not sure.
NO B body car used a Pitman arm with the large spline shaft until 1973. In 1973, they made all the power steering boxes with the larger spline shaft but in 1973, they changed a lot of thing all at once anyway.
C body Pitman arms are longer by about 3/4"....which later turned out to be used as a FAST RATIO setup for better response.
The power steering pump and brackets may mount in a different way but they should work.

Thanks for the helpful info guys.
Will post on the "barn find" tomorrow, it will soon
see the light of day after 30 yrs.

Auto Transport Service
Back