• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distribution block

Aron Gleason

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I'm redoing the wiring for my 12v key on power and for lights for my autometer gauges. I have a distribution block. 1 side is for 12v power and the other side for autometer gauge lights. Do I need to add jumper wires in order to get my gauge lights to work? Same with my 12v key on power wires?

I'm redoing the wiring for my 12v key on power and for lights for my autometer gauges. I have a distribution block. 1 side is for 12v power and the other side for autometer gauge lights. Do I need to add jumper wires in order to get my gauge lights to work? Same with my 12v key on power wires?
Draw us a schematic.
Mike

Some store bought distribution blocks are better called terminal blocks because they just provide a place to connect wires. Other true distribution blocks usually have input(s) feeding output circuit with internal connection. I have also seen some (more correctly called fuse blocks) with only a single buss input that routes the output to the HOT side of fuses. The fuses then feed an output terminal.

Your block should be easy to sort out with a multimeter...

Auto Transport Service
Back