• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you have a game camera?

SteveSS

Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Here are a few of the latest from the ranch. Thank goodness there were no Mountain Lions or bears. Grandma is always working in her flower garden and the Wildlife Services say that's the biggest temptation for lions because you resemble a prey animal. Last year there were 4 in the area. I don't know how many are around now but a few of the "walk-on" cats have gone missing. It could just be coyotes. The raccoon visited 3x and the deer 2x. The fox once. The little drapery on the bench if for the cats to have a hideout. The stupid Mule Deer bucks are destroying some of the Aspen trees rubbing the velvet off their antlers.

racoon.JPG
racoon2.JPG
racoon3.JPG
deer1.JPG
deer2.JPG
deer4.JPG
ox1.JPG

I just got a couple just this last week to see what's been diggin under the A/C unit, I have a feeling it's a G-hog as I've seen at least one in the area. Let alone just to see what else is happening in the yard late at night.
Last Saturday I got out of the shower and see the neighbor's cow is in my backyard just hangin out!

Lots of game cams.... but then again between owned hunting land, and leased hunting land I think I am at about 1600 acres

Deer is all we usually get out here along with an occasional Coyote.

WGI_0003.JPG

WGI_0029.JPG

Typical tunnel digger under A/C pad is Armadillo. Signs will be a football sized hole and a single drag line down the center from its tail. They don't live in any one single hole and could just be visiting.

My wife and I purchased a game camera for her parents. It has turned out to be a great gift. They set it out in different spots around their acreage and check the photos every morning while having breakfast. It is amazing how many critters walk through in the night.

Wife and I talked about getting one.
But with us living in the desert and the base of the mountains.
I asked her,,,,,,,does she REALLY want to see what walks around back there at nite???????

OIP.jpeg
OIP (1).jpeg

And my wife told me I was just wasting money.

Its a G-hog, and some other action in the yard!
STC_5984.JPG
STC_6215.JPG
STC_6216.JPG
STC_6217.JPG
STC_9599.JPG
STC_9600.JPG
STC_6279.JPG
STC_6280.JPG

I've been trying to get this SOB since I moved in, finally got him!! Shot him from the porch door, very quietly!
STC_0021.JPG

The last few seconds of it's life!
STC_0256.JPG

Watching it die of a slow, painful death, making sure it doesn't get away!
Gamo Whisper Rocket for those that want to know.
STC_0258.JPG

Garfield on the prowl for whatever?
STC_0828.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back